Harrison - Past (pt 3)

if you haven't read part one and two, you can but if you want to read this as a stand alone you can.
nicole:)

Your POV:

I'm happily married now with two children. I haven't spoken to Harrison for four years now. Maxi still speaks to him and says he seems to be doing well which is good. I'm happy for him. I've learnt to forgive him.

Whilst sitting in the tower with Whippet, Deano walks in asking if we had seen Harrison yet. I laugh at his words, turning in my chair to face him.

"He left Deano. He isn't here anymore."

Deano looks at Whippet and anxiousness spreads over Deanos face. Whippet glances at me and I glance back.

"Has Maxi not told you Nicole?"

"Told me what?" My voice comes out slightly shaky and my tummy is starting to dance a terrible dance, spinning over and over again.

"Harrison is coming to visit with Daniela and the kids."

"Oh, that's nice of him." I glance down at my nails and begin messing with them before looking up at both of them again and asking, "What time is he coming?"

"This afternoon. He said he'd pop down around 2."

I nod my head, glancing down at my watch, the hands on my watch reading 1. "I won't be long." I stand up and walk down to the changing rooms. I find Reidy's contact and ring him. He should answer because he's with the kids at the moment.

"Hello? Y/n? Is everything okay?"

"Did you know Harrison was coming over to see everyone today?"

He sighs heavily, the only indication I needed to know, he knew he was coming.

"You knew? Reidy, why didn't you tell me? I told you I was over it! I've forgiven him now."

"Are you over it though Y/n? Can you hear yourself right now? You seem pretty angry."

I roll my eyes, "Yes because my husband failed to tell me that my ex was coming over with his perfect little family."

"See? You are still angry with him Y/n. I think you need to talk to him. Closure Y/n, closure."

"I don't want to see him Reidy. I've been fine all these years—"

"You have Y/n. You're right but you haven't spoken to him so how would you know if you've forgiven him or not?"

"Because I—" I shake my head at myself and sigh. I can can feel Reidy smiling through the phone as I tell him. "You're right." Those two dreaded words.

"Just speak to him love. It might help."

"Okay."

"I love you Y/n."

I smile at his words, "I love you to Reidy." I push my phone back into my jacket pocket and lean against the railing behind me.

I hear footsteps on the stairs a few metres from me and so I stand up getting ready to leave but Maxi calls my name out.

"Yes?" I respond as he walks off the last step.

"The boys have told you he's coming?"

"Yeah. They've told me he's coming." I look around the room awkwardly. Harrison left me this, this awkward tension between Maxi and I. We never know what to say too each other. He's Maxi's best friend and I'm his ex, his ex that he cheated on.

"I'm sorry."

I glance up at him, "What?"

"You didn't deserve what he did too you Y/n. You're a good person." He begins to shake his head, confused at Harrison's actions just like I once was. "I... I don't know why he did it, why he couldn't have just dumped you. That would've been less hurtful."