Reidy - Cheater (Pt 1)

A/n:
for all the Reidy fans including itsivyofficial hope you enjoy! The song above is what I listened to when writing it, thought it tied in! also, just posted chapter five on my other bondi book if you wanted to check it out!!
nicole<3

Your pov:

I'm sitting in the tower chatting to Whippet and Harries when they bring up Reidy and I.

Honestly, I thought we were doing really well but... I've started to notice how his never home on the evenings.

He keeps telling me he's going out to meet up with 'friends' and the other night he said he was meeting up with a few of the boys which I had no idea about by the way!

So I ask, "By any chance, did any of you meet up with Reidy yesterday evening?"

Harries and Whip glance at each other unsure of what to say.

"No." Harries speaks up. Whippet sighs shaking his head.

I bite my nail before speaking up again, "Has he said anything to you about us?"

They shake their head making my gut dip. I don't have a very good feeling about this.

"What if he's cheating?" I whisper. I can feel my heart breaking as I give them both a nervous glance, I didn't want to believe that he could or rather, that he would. He tells me he loves me nearly every day.

Whippet smiles weakly, "I don't think Reidy would do that."

Harries sighs, "I know it may sound hard Y/n, but anyone is capable of it. Maybe have a chat with him."

I nod my head.

I walk into the apartment placing my bag on the sofa, I turn my head to see plates on the side along with a note which read:

Popped out, be back soon. X

I sigh to myself.

A few minutes after I'm done with the dishes I hear the apartment door open. Reidy walks in with a shopping bag and a small smile.

"You alright love?"

I sigh placing down the cloth I was using to wipe down the counter. "We need to talk."

He swallows hard, "Is everything okay?"

"Are you cheating on me?" I ask, quite quickly. I probably should've spoken to him about the lie... Or rather the lies first.

He stares at me for a few seconds, before he shakes his head, "No." He stops. "Why?" He looks down before quickly darting his dark eyes back up at me, "Why would you think that Y/n?"

I swallow hard, telling myself, he. is. lying.

"Reidy, please." I whisper as tears break into my eyes, "Just spare me the bloody heartbreak and tell me the truth!"

He rubs his temples, "I'm sorry."

Before he can even say another word, I know, he has been cheating. And now, I realise how stupid I have been! How didn't I see it? He's barley been here. He stopped putting in effort weeks back! I should've seen it.

"Y/n?"

"Why?" I whisper as tears make their way down my cheeks. "Why couldn't you just tell me you'd had enough of me? Of us!" I'm almost screaming at him now.

"Y/n I would've broken your heart either way." He says pushing a weak smile onto his face.

He has to be joking! He can't be serious.

I shake my head angrily, "No. Dumping me wouldn't make me feel like this Reidy. Cheating on me," I scoff, more so at his actions, "Well... Actually, how do you think I feel right now?"

"Confused? Upset? Angry?"

Again, I scoff, but this time at his words, "At least your right about one thing."

We stand there staring at each other for a few seconds, taking it in. Taking in everything that has just happened over the course of five minutes, and yet, I still feel the exact same towards this man, I don't hate him, I love him. Sure, I hate his actions, but I could never hate him.

"Alright then." I nod, looking up as he still stares at me, standing there like a fool, in which he is, "You can go now."

He doesn't want me, as his actions have shown, so I don't think he'll want to be stopping in the same house as me.

I turn around in the kitchen to place something in a cupboard and when i hear our bedroom door shut I take a deep breath telling myself it'll be okay.

A few minutes later, he walks out and I can feel him stop in the middle of the room staring at my back, waiting for forgiveness, something he won't be getting back for a while.

"What?" I ask not turning around because I can't face it. I can't face the guilty look on his face, he wants to be forgiven but I won't let myself do it.

"I'm sorry Y/n."

"Just go Reidy."

I hear the door shut and everything I held tightly shut came crashing down, my knees broke from underneath me making me holding onto the counter as tears make their way down my face.

How could he do this to me?

Harries's Pov:

Y/n had just rang me telling me about her and Reidy, so I said I would come round. As I'm walking up, I see Reidy walking down the stairs from their apartment block, seeming to struggle with his suitcase.

His face lights up when he sees me, but not for long.

"Why did you cheat on her?" I ask, walking towards him as he yanks his suitcase down the stairs.

"It wasn't working."

I laugh, "Thats rubbish. You made it not work. You broke her heart and yet she still loves you Reidy."

For some strange reason that is, I suppose she's going to. It's a lot to get your head around when you've been cheated on. You don't expect it, especially from a person you love so much.

"Loved." He states, staring at me with no emotion.

I shake my head, "Loves Reidy. She loves you. She won't stop loving you. Even if she wanted too."

I can see him contemplating what has just been said.

He walks away from me without saying another word, I don't think he believes anything that I've just said. In fact, I think he thinks that Y/n hates him.

I carry on walking towards her apartment before knocking on the door. "Y/n?" I call.

The door opens and there stood Y/n. Miserable and heartbroken, Y/n. "I'm so sorry."

She shrugs, walking away from me. I shut the door taking off my shoes. "Would you like a hug?" I don't think I'll be getting through to her for a while, but maybe a hug will help.

She turns to look at me and I can see all the emotions running down her face again. She starts to sob while walking towards me.

She doesn't deserve this.