All Lifeguards - Just one last time (pt2)

Your POV:

Standing in front of the mirror, i see it clearly, I need the boys. I need them more then they need me. It's just how life is sometimes. Some people don't need you and they can let go easier.

I tie my laces and walk out my apartment. As I walk down to bondi, it feels like a normal day, only I have a new job now and none of the boys are in contact with me.

Yet today, may change things, we may start talking again. I walk towards the tower my palms turning cold from my nerves. I hadn't been inside the tower in ages but when I enter, it's obvious nothing has and ever will change.

Hoppo is the first person in there, I walk up to the front of the tower. I brush my finger tips over the slightly burnt chairs as the smell of ash lingers in the air. I notice a pair of binoculars and pick them up.

"How weren't they burnt in the fire?"

"They were found in the rhino." He chuckles to himself, as he looks towards the sea. "After the accident i came up here nearly every day... Just sitting in the tower. Sometimes I'd talk into one of the radios."

I instantly pull him into a tight hug because I think he really needs one. I pull away to see tears in his eyes, for the first time. "It's okay." I whisper nodding my head, "We can all talk."

He nods his head.

Maxis POV:

I push open the door of the tower and the smell of smoke still runs through the tower. Half of the tower is still burnt, especially at the front. When I walk, Y/n is there with Hoppo, Harrison and Jackson.

They all smile at me and we begin to talk while waiting for a few others.

Hoppo coughs and we all raise our heads, "It feels like ages." He says chuckling as he stands in front of us, "Feels like I'm giving you guys your posts for the day. Y/n your with Jake, Jethro and Jackson down North. Harrison, Whip, Maxi your with me in the tower. Whippet, Harries, Reidy and Mouse your down South."

The boys chuckle quietly, smiling to themselves, "I think you all know why most of us are here..."

The boys look down and Hoppo says, "I think we should all discussed why we didn't talk for so long, our own opinions and get some feelings out because I know I'm not the only one who comes down to bondi once a week."

Sad and low chuckles were heard around the tower.

So, one by one, we go round talking.

I begin to talk after Hoppo.

"I know how we're all feeling. Well, no, I don't. But I'm sure we're feeling the same in ways. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for ignoring you all. More so you, Y/n."

Her eyes meet mine and she smiles weakly.

"I didn't know what to do after the fire. I missed you guys. So, So much. But could never text back. I didn't know what to say back." I explain.

Y/n smiles at me weakly nodding her as we meet eyes.

"I just wish it would go back to how it always was. Us, together. At bondi." I smile looking down at the floor. I feel glad I had got it out.

Jethros Pov:

After hearing people talk about how they were feeling, I don't feel as... Scared to tell them how I'm feeling now.

"I'm angry." I state. "At myself and at everyone else. For ages I didn't know what to do, I got angry. Went out to get my mind off it all. Never worked." I mumble.

"I don't understand why... Why we all pushed each other away. It didn't help." I scoff.

They all look down at me and mumble.

Y/n smiles weakly, "It's okay. Because we're here now. We all wanted to text but didn't, and that's okay."

It wasn't. It wasn't okay, but y/n made it okay.

Your POV:

We all walk out the tower and I stand there for a few seconds as Bruce locks up.

"What did we achieve?" I chuckle lightly. I feel as though we haven't achieved anything. We just made ourselves miss bondi even more.

He smiles at me weakly as we lean ourselves against the banisters outside the front of the tower, "We spoke to each other again and we told each other how we were feeling."

"I promise you y/n we will meet up again. All of us. On the beach. We'll camp out. We will do something. Before-"

"Before what?" I ask narrowing my eyes.

"Nothing." He says smiling weakly.

"Before what Bruce?" I ask sharply. I know something is going on.

He sighs. "New lifeguards are taking over the beach."

No. He's joking.

He looks down before meeting my teary eyes, "I'm sorry Y/n."

"How long have you known?" I choke.

"They - They asked if we wanted to go back a few months ago."

"But they closed it." I try so hard to push back my tears but they melt into my eyes.

"No..." He chuckles softly as if he's thinking, "The
public wanted us back. They wanted the beach open again."

I wanted us back and look where that got us.

"And I told the council that we didn't want to come back." He says quickly, trying to get all his words out as he turns his head.

My heart snaps.

He stares back at me waiting for a response but I think it's written all over my face.

I walk away from him while he shouts my name.

Tears begin to slip as I walk down the tower stairs and across the sand. Hoppo carries on shouting my name before I finally loose it, screaming,

"Why? Why the hell?! Wouldn't you ask us!" I can't control myself, I'm angry.

how could he do this to me - to us?

"You wouldn't respond anyway!" He scoffs turning away and placing his hands over his chest beginning to frown.

"If it was about Bondi, we would have Bruce. You know we would have."

He doesn't say anything because he knows.

"God, what are the boys going to think?" I laugh through tears blurring my eyes again.

He shakes his head. "Let me tell them."

"Why should I, hm?"

Whippets POV:

I answer the phone to hear heaving breathing and sobbing. Mouthful of sobbing.

"Y/n? Are you okay?"

"It's over Whip. It's all over..."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Bondi. It's... Their-" She takes a deep breath and asks, "Please, just come over? I can't say it over the phone."

I drive to hers and walk through her apartment door, "Are you okay?"

I walk towards her as she is sitting on the edge of the sofa her face in her hands. I kneel down next to her and she whispers,

"it's all over whippet. Their's going to be new lifeguards. we've been replaced!" She snaps standing up.

"What? What do you mean replaced?"

She turns around and I see all the anger from over the past few months boiling up, "The council rang Bruce and asked if we wanted to go back."

My face lit up.

"But he told them we didn't want to go back."

"Why - Why would he say that?"

She laughs, "That's the million dollar question."

How could he do this to us?