Hoppo - Teddy Bear

Your POV:

I'm new down at Bondi Beach and the head lifeguard, Bruce Hopkins, kind of scared me. He never looks happy and I've rarely seen him laughs.

The boys seem to like him but to me, he seems scary.

I'm sat in the tower and later this afternoon I have to go down to South end with. Hoppo.

I think the boys can tell I'm nervous because all I'm doing is biting my nails while they try and convince not to worry.

Harries walks in and Harries. Harries, to me, is amazing, his the best lifeguard I've ever worked with.

"You alright y/n?"

"She's got to work with Hoppo later!" Jackson chuckles walking out with Jesse leaving Harries, Jethro and I in the tower.

Harries looks at me for a few seconds, raising his eye brow, "Work with Bruce? Oh Y/n! That's not bad."

"I've been trying to tell her this for half the morning Harries."

Harries's eyes flicker towards Jethro as sun perches in between them making me turn away.

"It is." I whisper more to myself as Jethro and Harries begin to talk. He glances at me in a confused expression, when I say slightly louder, "His scary as Harries."

"That's because you don't know him Y/n. Bruce is nice, he has a sense of humour."

Doubt that very highly.

Hoppos POV:

I walk into the tower with Corey, my shades sitting on top of my dark brown hair.

"Where's Y/n?" I ask looking round for her as Corey takes a seat next to Jethro.

"Oh she's just gone to the bathroom."

"-Go easy on her Bruce." Harries says softly raising his eyebrows.

"When am I not easy on the newbies/trainee's?" I smirk slightly, knowing exactly who would -

"You weren't easy on me!"

But in.

"I was easy on you Jeff. You were just an idiot."

Corey and Deano laugh quietly to themselves knowing what I'm on about.

Jethro rolls his eyes, spinning back round on his chair to face the beach.

"Tell her I'm in the Rhino."

As I walk down the tower stairs, I hear her voice, shouting my name. I turn around smiling and stand on the stairs waiting.

"You okay?" I ask as we start to drive.

She nods her head smiling nervously.

"The boys told me you're scared of me." I chuckle.

Why an earth you'd tell the boys anything is beyond me, because they can't keep secrets.

She scratches the back of her head as we park up,

"Yeahhh..."

"Little bit of advice, don't tell the boys anything. They will always tell me or someone else."

"Right." She mumbles looking down slightly flustered.

We start a conversation about where we grew up and other things like work, family etc.

"Do you wanna go out?"

Her eyes widen, "You what?"

"A rescue."

Her face reddens as she laughs nervously pulling off her shirt and revealing her matching bikini, "Yeah."

I watch Y/n as she runs out and does a marvellous rescue! I honestly don't know why she was so nervous because she's an amazing lifeguard.

She walks back in, pointing the swimmer in the right direction for the flags.

Her face gives me the how did I do look?

"You did good y/n. Really good."

She smiles happily, "Thank you Hoppo. That means a lot."

Your POV:

I run into the tower happily in the late evening. I couldn't believe it, Bruce Hopkins, The Big Boss is proud of me!

I squeal mentally to myself as I run up to tell the boys.

Harries smiles seeing my excited face.

"Guessing it went well?" Jethro grins turning around to face me while Harries tidy's.

"He's so sweet! His basically a teddy bear once you get to know him!" I exclaim smiling to myself.

Harries and Jethro look at themselves eye brows raising.

"A teddy bear?" Jethro question looking back at me.

"Sure his sweet but a teddy bear? Mmm, not so sure."

"You can't just hug him out of the blue." Jethro laughs.

"Yeah.." Harries laughs sitting on the table, "You know, you have to let him know."

"I'm not saying his a literal teddy bear... I'm just saying his like one, once you get to know him."

They shrug.

"It was good though!" I smile jumping slightly.

Jethro's Pov:

I have to tell Hoppo about Y/n! I can't believe she called him a teddy bear.

As we pull out the last flag I approach him, "Guess what."

"What? You've broken something again?"

Rolling my eyes with a tint of a smile I shake my head, "No. Y/n said you were like a teddy bear."

He chuckles, "That's very nice of her. She really is a nice girl. Although, I did tell her to watch what she says 'round you boys because your very... Bad? At keeping secrets."

"You are terrible! She is never going to trust none of us!"

He laughs shaking his head.

a/n: i had no other idea of what to call hoppo😭other then a teddy bear 😀i'm sorry i haven't been posting lately, i'm trying to get back into it and get the motivation to post. hope everyone's okay:}

nicole.