Maxi - Just Friends (pt 2)

Your Pov:

A tear fell down my cheek as I read the letter. It slipped out my hand and everything just stopped. I heard someone in the distance call my name but all I could do was stand still. I tried to talk but couldn't.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" I finally knew who it was. It was Jesse. I fell to the floor making gurgling noises. I felt Jesse fall down next to me holding me in his arms. He picked up the letter next to me and sighed under his breath.

Two years. Two. Years. Since we had that conversation outside the tower. We were still friends. But weren't as close. He was now engaged...

- - - - - -

Tuesday the 29th of May. The day, he won't be mine. He was never mine in the first place. And he never will be.

I walked down to Bondi in a hoodie I had stolen from Jesse. It was around ten o'clock at night. So it was slightly cold, but the breeze still had its summer blow in it. I sat myself down on the sand.

No one was here. So it was pretty peaceful. I looked up at the sky. It was dark but full of stars. I sighed to myself.

I noticed the waves, didn't crash as loud as usual. And the rocks weren't as pointy. The night sky shone differently...

"Y/n?" I flinched. It was that silent that I hadn't hadn't heard anyone creep over to me.

"Maxi..." I whispered quietly when I saw it was him. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged sitting down next to me. "Not much... Just pondering."

I laughed slightly, "Pondering about married life?" He eye rolled with a small smile.

I'm glad we're still friends. I just feel like its kind of awkward now. Ever since that conversation outside the tower. "Haha remember when you supposedly had a crush on me."

I smile to myself looking down at the sand. "And supposedly it was true." I mumble in a sarcastic tone.

He looked at me confused, "What?" I shook my head and waved a hand looking back towards the sea. "I hope your going to come to my wedding."

I laugh, "You already know I am."

He poked me in the ribs, "Well then. Go and get some sleep, I don't want you being late to MY wedding." He smirked.

"Says you. Your the groom and yet here you are sat at Bondi hm?" I smirked back at him.

He just laughed and that's when it went quiet. I had a thought. Maybe I should. I mean -

It's now or never y/n.

"I guess I shall never know what it's like to be loved by you. Trent Maxwell."

Maxis Pov:

I looked at her in confusion. The moon gave her skin a glint. Yet. There was no glint of hope in her eyes. She stood up in silence and walked off. I was left sat there, wondering what she meant.

Y/n rarely used my real name. It must've meant something. I sighed and tried to shrug it off as I walked home. I grabbed my phone when i got home and text Jesse. It'll be alright.

Your Pov:

Once I got up the next morning, Jesse asked me where I was last night. "The beach." I said as I grabbed the strawberry jam from the fridge.

"Was anyone there with you?"

I shrug looking down, "Just Maxi." He nodded. I looked up at him to see him deep in thought.

"By the way, I've sent you those photos from when you were in your dress." Jesse smiled looking towards me.

Ooo! I checked my messages and this one was the one I posted to Instagram.

Caption:

Caption:

"I'll love you forever Sid. That's the problem."

Jesse: 😏😏

Harris: it's obvious now lol

Harrison: awww 😏😏😏

I smiled at the comment and looked up at Jesse. "Wasn't it obvious before?"

He laughed, "Yeah but this just gives us more evidence y/n." I shook my head but gave him a small smile.

Jesses Pov:

I watched as Y/n stared at Maxi as he said his vowels. A tear slipped down her cheek. I wrapped my arm round her and looked at Harrison. "Hey. Y/n. It'll be okay." She looked at me with a small smile.

"Yup! I know."

"Trent Maxwell. Do you promise to take Evie Hemsworth to love, hold and to protect?"

"I do." The priest looked at Evie who smiled.

"And do you? Evie Hemsworth take Trent Maxwell, to love, hold and to protect?"

"I do."

I walked over to y/n. She was sat on the balcony staring at the beach. It was now the wedding party thing. She was sat in her hotel room. "You know. You should be enjoying the party." She whispered sadly.

I stood against the glass door. "No. I should be here for my sister."

She turned around, her eyes puffy and red from her tears. "Why doesn't he love me Jess?" She asked.

I crouched down next to her. "Because..." I sighed.

"Because.." Her giggle cut me off, "You don't know do you?" I sighed looking down at the cobbled floor. "No exactly. I just want to be loved by him.."

this is an imagines so even tho the dress in the picture looks a bit like a brides maid dress. it's not. idk it might be. but it doesn't matter! because this is an imagines - I probably also got half the words wrong about the wedding to. hope you enjoyed thoo!