Harrison - Past (pt 2)

Your POV:

It's been three years, three years since I read that note, three long years to rebuild myself and three years since I've heard off him, Harrison. He left Bondi a week after he dumped me and because I took the week off due to the break up, I didn't see him.

From what the boys tell me, he's in New Zealand now, living with Daniela and has a new job down at a new beach. I think Maxi misses him a lot more then any of us. I also think he's mad at Harrison for leaving. I'm pretty sure they still talk though.

Reidy and I have started going out as well. Only for a couple months but I'm so glad because he helped me so much after Harrison.

I'm sitting in my apartment right now watching TV when someone knocks on my door. I open it and it's the postman. He hands me a letter and when I see the writing I feel all the colour in my face get drained away.

I look up at the man and give him a small smile before shutting the door. I walk back over to the sofa and sit down. Carefully and slowly, I open up the envelop.

I gasp when something falls out. An invitation. I start to feel sick like my tummy is doing flips every two seconds. Whilst my head can't even process what's going on I sit there. In shock mainly.

He's getting married.

Why the hell has he invited me?

I haven't heard off him for three years.

I place the invitation on the table in front of the sofa.

I find my phone and ring Reidy. He answers, probably because his on break.

"You okay?"

"Harrison's invited me to his wedding." I whisper.

He doesn't say anything for a few seconds. "I don't know what to do Reidy. I haven't heard off him in ages!" I almost can't believe. It doesn't feel real, or right.

"Is there a phone number?"

I pick the invitation back up, "Yeah."

"Ring him."

"Reidy!" I groan dragging out the y.

"Y/nnnn!" He groans back dragging out the last letter on my name.

"Not funny! What do I say to him?"

"Everything you haven't said to him." I feel him smile through the phone, "I've got to go now Y/n. I'll see you later, Love you."

He hangs up the phone and I sigh replying with, "I love you too."

I sigh beginning to dial the number. Questions swarm my brain like bees. What if I don't recognise his voice? What if he didn't mean to send the invitation?

"Hello?"

I smile.

The voice I hadn't heard for three years speaks to me. It feels like a wound in my heart that has been healed has been ripped open again.

"Harrison. It's Y/n."

"Y/n. How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm good." I push myself onto the sofa and relax.

"I presume you've received my invitation."

I reply with a distant, "Yes." Before quickly regaining myself, "Congratulations Harrison."

"Thanks Y/n. Will you be attending?"

"Do you really want me there?" I ask.

"Yes. I do." He pauses, "After all these years, I still love you Y/n. Just not the way I love Daniela. You're still my best friend."