Jethro - The Night We Met

*Flashback*

"Y/n, don't you dare walk out!" Jethro exclaimed. I did as he said and turned around to face him, "Now. What is wrong?" He asked softly. "You! You are what's wrong Jethro. You never want to spend time with me, anymore. Why is that? Jethro if you don't love me anymore, please just say." I begged quietly. He looked upset and hurt, "Y/n. Why would you even suggest that I don't love you anymore? Y/n you are my world. I would do anything for you." I nodded with a satisfied smile, "Well then. Start acting like it." And with that I storm out, ignoring his shouting plead to stop.

I stopped walking after a while to check my phone and noticed I had two missed phone calls off of Jethro. I sighed. I decided to head back and take a cold long shower. Not too cold of course! Once I finished in the shower I went out onto the balcony. It was late in the afternoon and I was deleting certain calls I had. I came across Jethro's and noticed I had a voice mail from him too. I smiled weakly before deciding to tap on it and give it a listen.

"Hey Dear. I'm about to go onto my shift now so I'll see you in a few hours. I'm sorry y/n just know I wouldn't trade anything in the world for you, even fish outta water." I heard him distantly laugh before finishing, "What I'm trying to say see is that, I love you Y/n. So much. I'll see you soon." I smiled. "I love you too Jethro, I love you too..." Before, I could even say anything else a phone call came through. It was the towers number - Bondi's. Tower. Number. That's weird. I thought his shift already started? I slowly picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey. Is this Jethro's Girlfriend?" A guy asked. "Yes. Why? And who's asking?" I heard muffled voices and then he began to talk again. "I'm sorry to tell you this but Jethro's in hospital." What? My heart fell. "What happened?"

I run out the door tears already streaming down my face. I looked at my car then at the traffic. I cursed under my breath and began to run. I heard my phone ping and when I saw the message I fell to the floor crying. No. He can't be gone. I screamed as loud as possible. No! I ran to the hospital but it was already to late. He was already gone.

*End of flashback*

I sat down on my car roof sighing to myself as the moon shone. "I'm so sorry Jeff." I whispered as a tear fell down my flustered cheek. The warm air gently kissed my cheek as I thought back to that tragic day. I turned to my bag pulling out my earphones. And of course the first song that comes on is, the night we met. I sighed, looks like I'm listening to this. I placed down my phone and lay down. The tree behind me was towering over me and the night sky. Over the music, I heard Jethro's laugh. I smiled to myself. I didn't realise how much I've missed it.

I listened to the words of the music. Oh wow. They applied to me. I couldn't help but laugh when he sang, "What the hell I'm supposed to do?" Anger built up inside of me. We ended it on an argument. An argument! I stood up and shouted, "An argument! A stupid argument." Tears began to fall down my rosy cheeks. Ugh.

Maybe one day. I'll see you again Jethro.