Claw of the Wild: Part 3

Finally, they get the wrist rays to work, and the three shoot at the swamp monster, causing it to skid in the dirt. "Yes!" The three shout when the monster gets back up and starts charging towards them again. "No!" They start running away but come to a stop when they approach a cliff. The monster pounces on the three and the fall of the edge just as we fly up, screaming "NO! Guys!" We look over the edge to see them holding onto a root or a branch, Tuck stating "The sad part is, this is still better than being in the cabin."

Quickly we fly down and pick them up, putting them on the ground, the monster climbing back up with a growl.  "Here kitty...Thing...Wanna play fetch?" Danny asks, challenging the monster as Logan says "Uh Danny, fetching is for dogs." "Not when I'm doing the fetching," He stated, pulling out the Fenton Thermos and pointing it at the monster just as it pounced toward us.

"Thanks for the save, so we got the monster but not Nathan," Sam thanks us before telling us the facts. "I'm sure the monster didn't eat him, you guys go back to camp, and try to sleep, I'll keep looking," Danny says our friends nodding as they walk off, me flying after Danny. "I meant you too (y/n)." "Did you honestly think I was gonna let you do this alone? Since when have I ever let you do things alone whenever I have a say in it?" Danny rolls his eyes with a smile. "Alright, I can't say no to you Sunshine, but be careful."

 "You too Lover Boy," I tell him before we split up to look for Nathan, unaware of the pair of eyes watching us from the bushes. "No sign of the subject, but you won't believe who is here!" It had been hours and neither Danny and I found Nathan when the sky began to turn a light grey we regrouped and figured it was time to head back. "Ah, breakfast- The most disgusting meal of the day," Tuck says as he, Sam, and Logan got in line for food and was given mush.

"It's grey and lumpy, just like my grandpa!" One kid comments as the three sat back down Sam asking "Do you know what time Danny and (y/n) came back? When I woke up, she wasn't in her bunk," Before either of the boys could respond, Danny and I walk up, looking tired as Danny tells them:

"Just now, when it went from black to grey, we figured it was moring," He then lifts up Nathan's camera to show them. "You found Nathan's camera?!" Sam asks and I nod my head, explaining. "Yeah, but not Nathan, let's hope he found shelter in a cave, at least the monster is gone," I mutter, sitting down and preparing to rest my head to take a nap when Dash bursts through the door shouting "The monster ate Kwan!" 

"At least the monster got to eat," Tucker mumbles as Danny said, "Dash, that's impossible, he probably just wandered off to use the bathroom." "Nuh-huh, you don't Kwan's amazing bladder, he can hold it for-" "Please don't finish that sentence until I'm safely out of the building," Sam cuts him off, walking outside, Logan soon joining her as Tucker told him "Please don't finish that sentence at all dude," Sam and Logan walk around when the heard voices and peeked around the corner to see Lancer in a bear suit.

"I did not spend a year at the gym to get a sculpted Summer physique, so I could hide it in a bear suit!" "That's the Scruffy the bear camp mascot costume. You'll wear it to keep the kids happy and take their minds off the disappearances. I'll handle the tuff stuff like killing the monster in the woods," Lancer blinks before putting the head of the mascot on his face, walking away shouting:

"Hello, campers!" Sam and Logan start to snicker at how ridiculous this was until they heard Paulina shriek in terror as she runs up in a panic. Everyone raced over to see what was wrong. "The monster got Star! We went out to try and get some sun when I found her suntan lotion next to a giant claw footprint!" She explains, bursting into tears, panicking everyone else. "Buck up camper! We'll find her."

 Testlaff tries to comfort her. "We have to! She's my best friend and without her sunblock, she's in terrible danger, she burns so easily!" Paulina again bursts out in tears. "Clan of the Cave Bear! Everyone calm down!" Lancer shouts, tearing off his bear suit. "We need to split into two to three groups and look for Nathan, Kwan, and Star-" I start to say, ticking my fingers off as I named all the missing people when Testlaff cut me off. "Here's what we're gonna do, we'll divide into two groups. Mr. Lancer's team will stay and do nice normal camp stuff like crafts and canoeing, my team's gonna go on a nice normal hike!"

"That doubles as a nice normal search and rescue effort..." Danny mumbles as a line was drawn to deviate the teams, Danny, Sam, Tuck, and Logan were on Lancer's team while I was apart of Testlaff's. 

"Sunshine quick! Jump over to our side!" Danny says and I go to move but Testlaff blocks me and pushes me toward the forest. "Get a move on Ms. (l/n)." "Don't worry, I'll look for Nathan, Star, and Kwan," I tell Danny before I was pushed towards the woods. "Wait! You might need the...Thermos..." Danny trails off.