Phantom Planet: Part 13

"I can't believe you didn't want to attend the ceremony," I tell Danny, and he shrugs. "Well, you know me I don't necessarily need to be there if I'm not needed." I smile as I ask "You happy our folks are cool with us being ghosts?"

 "Yeah, the time for secrets is over, the world is safe, time for new beginnings. Dad even said he wants us to team up with him now. Says we can be his sidekicks."

 I giggle at the memory. "We're big stars now, probably the biggest in the world." "Yeah, it's weird huh?" "We'll probably get pretty busy." "What else is new?" "And we probably won't time for us anymore."

 I say glumly and Danny gives me a smile stating "Oh I wouldn't count on that," He pulls out the class ring and slips it on my finger stating:

"Dad says a girlfriend's not a girlfriend without a class ring. (y/n), I could never have done any of this without you, and I don't care what's coming next. I just hope, whatever it is you're there to share it with me,"

 I start to tear up as I tell him "I will be. I just hope you know that will all the new popularity I'm not gonna change nor am I gonna let it get to your head." "That's what I'm counting on," He tells me, figuring now was the best time to say what he's wanted to say, his face turns a deep crimson red as he stutters out anxiously:

 "(y-y/n) I...I love you. I love you (y/n) with all of my heart," My eyes widen as my face turns into a shade of deep crimson red as well, h-he loves me! I... "I...I love you too Danny, I love you too," I tell him with a smile, causing him to stop biting his lip in worry as he smiles back at me, holding my hands as we lean in and kiss.

 "What do you say wanna go for a fly? See where the future takes us?" Danny asks as he gets up and goes ghost and I soon do the same.

 "Why not?" He grabs my hand and we fly off over the area where our statue stood as we waved to everyone when I look over and smile to see Logan and Sam kissing before feeling Danny pick me up and carry me bridal style as we continue to fly off into the night.

Author: Thank you to smutreader34 for giving me the idea of (y/n) keeping her powers.