Masters of All Time: Part 4

"We didn't destroy the past, we destroyed the present!" Danny says looking over the article and I flick his nose stating "Correction: You destroyed the present, I told you not to mess with past!" "Point taken," Danny said rubbing the sore spot as he looked over the newspaper articles. "Mr. and Mrs. Vlad Masters?! (m/n) (l/n) dies in accidental explosion?!" Danny questions when Jack phases through the roof preparing to strike when we held up the articles.

"Say goodbye! Goodbye..." He stops and grabs the articles looking them over in sadness. "Seems all I ever do is say goodbye..." "Dad! Uh, Jack just tell us what happened, I mean uh we'd love to hear you blabber on about the glory days." " Well, my cat Jazmine won't listen anymore," Jack mumbled before continuing on. "It was twenty years ago..."

Twenty years ago:

Vlad had just tackled Maddie to the ground to avoid the blast. "Vlad...You saved my life..." "Yes I did, didn't I?" A smile appeared on Maddie's face as she began to fall in love, Vlad leaning in closer to her when Jack started to shout. "BOGUS! I'm- I'm hideous. HIDEOUS!" Jack uncovered his face to show the ecto-acne as Vlad and Maddie gasped in horror as Jack ran away, Vlad pulling Maddie closer to her.

Present Day:

"I may have lost Maddie that day but I gained ghost powers...And twenty-seven pounds! Anyway, after that, I tried to find my place in the world. First as a ghost fighting superhero, but that didn't work out...Then again perhaps I shouldn't have debuted on Halloween," Jack continued to tell his tale reminiscing about that night everyone laughed at him for chasing a kid dressed up as a ghost. "Eventually I moved here to continue my research on ghosts but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get rid of my ghost half, the half I knew Maddie would never be able to accept."

Jack explained when I asked "And my mom? I mean (m/n) (l/n)? Do you know what happened to her?" "Right (m/n) she was a great woman and a great friend, Maddie wanted to introduce her to (f/n) but Vlad went against it, I had to be the one to break the news about the meet up being canceled, that's when I met her..."

Jack said with a smile before it turned into a frown as he continued. "When she learned about my ecto-acne she wanted to help and even switched her major and later became one of the most brilliant scientists to work at Axion Labs, that's where she did her research, she told me a few days before that explosion she was close to figuring out the cure but then something went wrong."

He stopped for a moment to clench his fist and teeth as he scrunched up his eyes forcing himself to continue. "Somebody's work became unstable and the whole place exploded, (m/n) had stayed to help everyone else out, killing her and destroying all of her work with her," He looked down glumly at the two articles when Danny spoke up. "Oh man, I'm so sorry this is all my fault," Danny admitted, confusing Jack as he asked, "What are you blabbering about?" Pulling out his wallet Danny showed his family photo of Jack, Maddie, Jazz, and Danny.

At this point I had pulled out an image showing both our families together standing in front of Fenton Works it showed Jack on the right and (f/n) on the left, each of their one arms had been resting on each other's back while Maddie and (m/n) were standing in front of the two with the same pose their husband's other arm resting on their shoulder holding their other hand while Jazz was in front of Maddie, I was in front of mom with Danny next to me holding my hands while Jazz had one of her hands each on us.

"What- what is this?" Jack asks looking at the two photos as Danny explained. " Vlad wasn't supposed to marry Maddie, you were and (m/n) wasn't supposed to die, she was gonna marry (f/n) and then become your next-door neighbor. We went back in time and I changed one little moment in the past and messed up everything," We heard Jack growl as we turn around to see him putting my photo in Danny's wallet before clenching his fist. "But we can fix it I swear! We just need a working portal to-" I try to say, hoping to calm him down as he drops the wallet and makes duplicates of himself shouting "MORE LIES!" We were beaten up before being thrown out of the house into a billboard.

"I blame you by the way..." I tell Danny with a wince as we fall off of the billboard. "We have to get into the Ghost Zone and find Clockwork," Danny starts to grunt out when we notice Jack flying towards and we go invisible as we start flying away Danny telling me "And if Dad doesn't have a portal that means we have to find Mom and Mr. (l/n) and hope they do," I nod my head in agreement before pointing out that dad was no longer Mr. (l/n) he was (f/n) Carter, he had taken mom's last name when they married. (If your last name is Carter, just image a different last name)

It took all night to fly there but by morning we reached Vlad's mansion where we detransformed, stumbled up to the door, and knocked with a cheese-shaped knocker. The door opened to reveal Vlad, wearing his usual black pants and shoes, a blue polo shirt with a red sweater tied around his shoulder with the same old ponytail. Maddie had her same haircut but she was wearing a pink shirt with a white collar and her short sleeves had white rolls up with matching light and dark purple plaid skirt while dad had something like Vlad's. "How many times do I have to tell you: No free cheese samples!" "Mom!" "Dad!" Danny and I say falling at our parents' feet. "Mom?! Dad?!"