Phantom Planet: Part 4

"Jack and Madeline Fenton, (m/n) and (f/n) (l/n), our readings indicate two ectoplasmic entities on the premises." "By order of the mayor, you're all under arrest for harboring ghosts," We had all run upstairs and peeked around the door to see what was going on when Danny grit his teeth muttering "That does it, I'm going ghost!" Danny transforms as he flies down to the lab and I quickly go ghost and follow him, our friends racing downstairs.

"Can't catch ghosts anymore, almost hurt my friends, now mine and (y/n)'s parents are arrested because of us?" Danny grumbles as he types away, activating the portal. Don't tell me he's gonna do what I think he's gonna do. He walks in and I shout just as our friends got down. "Danny stop!" 

"This isn't the way!" Jazz shouted, Sam, Logan, and Tucker soon chiming in. "You're a hero Danny." "Come on, we can talk about this!" "Don't do it, dude, we'll find something that rhymes with Phantom or (s/n)!" "Sorry guys," He tells us, going to hit the on button. "Danny please!" I start to shout, running towards him when my wrist was grabbed and I was pulled back, Jazz telling me "Don't you could lose your powers too!" We watch in horror as the portal turns on, shocking Danny as he let out a scream, his DNA reverting back to human DNA. "No..." I trail off as Danny comes out, beat and torn clothes, a white stripe splitting down the middle of his hair.

Danny stumbles out as the portal begins to explode, quickly Jazz and I rush up and drag him away just as the portal exploded. We lay him on the ground as I asked in a panicked tone "Danny! Can you hear me?! How do you feel?!" I place my hand on his chest, he was still breathing at least, that's when his hand rests on mine as he gives me a smile and said before passing out "Human..." 

I pull him closer, lifting his head up as I try again. "Danny? Danny, can you hear me?" "Did he do what I think he just did?" Tucker asks, looking at his best friend with worry. "You mean step back into the Fenton Portal, remove his ghost powers, and revert his DNA profile back to that of a normal human while almost doing the same thing to (y/n)?" Jazz answers and Logan tells her "You could've just said go unghost but that works too," We hear multiple footsteps coming down. 

"(y/n) you need to get outta here now!" Sam stated and I nod, letting her support Danny as I turn invisible, and phase outside and around the block, closely watching for them to leave. " Greetings dudes! We're here to like police the premises for signs of any spectral activity," The four suddenly hear and look up at the group as they scanned the room. "Just go about your business, we're not even here."

 After a few moments, it was made clear no ghosts were in the area. "Place is clean, no ectos." "There you go dude and remember: The mayor watches constantly...Loves you!" Download said, taking Tuck's hat and signing it. 

Once I made sure they were gone I fly back into Fenton Work's lab just as Danny started to come too. "Wha? What happened? Did it work?" He asks, getting up as he looked over himself. He approached a mirror to continue looking over himself as Logan told him "You didn't register on the Blaster's scanners and (y/n) had flown away." "So that means...I'm going ghost!" Danny says, running to the middle of the room and tries to transform...Nothing happened.

He tried again. "I said going ghost!" Once again nothing happened. "Haha! It worked! I don't have my ghost powers anymore! I'm normal again! Isn't that awesome?!" He shouts excitedly and we all give him a blank stare. "Yeah." "Great." "Thrilling." "Amazing." "Awesome," We all said one after the other in a disappointed tone.

 "Oh come on guys! Don't you realize what this means?" "Yeah, that you're just an average every day not special human again," Sam tells him and he looks at her confused. "Oh come on Sam, think of how great this is gonna be! Now that I won't be fighting ghost anymore, my family is safe and you guys are safe not to mention now I won't be useless."

He said but seeing that didn't help his case he added in "Plus now we can be normal teenagers and hang out as much as we want." "Yeah normal rocks," Sam says sarcastically as she walks away, Logan shook his head at Danny before following her out of the room. "Hey if it's what you wanted then I'm glad for you man," Tuck then says, trying to be supportive. "It is, thanks." "Looks like we'll have to find other things to occupy our time huh?" "Looks like," Danny says still not reading the tone of the room.

"There's this new Master's Blasters video game we can play, it's cool! You hunt ghosts...See ya..." Tucker trails off before leaving, Jazz chiming in with "I can't believe you did that, it feels like I lost a good friend, someone I was just starting to get to know," Danny turned around annoyed, he didn't understand why everyone was so upset, couldn't they see that Danny Phantom and (s/n) were no longer needed?