Phantom Planet: Part 6

It's been a few days since Master's Blasters threatened me and I haven't gone ghost since, I had told my friends what happened but Danny didn't know since he never bothered to listen when it came to ghosts anymore. Today we were hanging out at Sam's place watching tv. "And it's been another busy day for Mayor Master's Master's Blasters who are now charging a small fee to cover their growing expenses."

"Yes, quality ghost fighting is getting very expensive these days. Time, equipment, storage, it all adds up, and since that cowardly couple Danny Phantom and (s/n) has disappeared, not that they were ever helpful, there's no one else in town to assist us. Oh, there are certainly a few crackpots out there who think they have what it takes but they only get in our way. It seems that when it comes to fighting ghosts we're the only game in town and I do so love games."

Vlad stated, imagery of the Master's Blasters catching ghosts and collecting money played before showing Valerie hunting ghosts and being pushed out of the way. I clenched my fist how much longer was this fruit loop going to rub this in our noses? "See? This is nice, I get to hang out with those I care about and they aren't in danger and we're not being useless to the town, I'm glad you finally learned we're not needed anymore (y/n), now where are the corn dogs?" Danny says; ok that is it! I grab a corn dog and shove it in his mouth before storming off in anger. 

Danny turns to face our friends with a confused glance, all three of them giving him a look. "What?" He asks "Do you seriously believe (y/n) gave up ghost fighting because she thinks your logic is right?" Sam questions. "Why else would she stop?" "Because the Master's Blasters threatened to arrest her if she hunts ghosts again!" Tucker tells Danny as his eyes widen. "I-I didn't know..." "Why would you? You haven't exactly been willing to listen to her these past few days so why should she have tried to tell you?"

Sam asks, crossing her arms as Logan got up and grabbed Danny by the shirt stating "You listen to me Fenton and you listen good, (y/n) is my best friend, she's like a sister to me I gave you the benefit of the doubt last time but if you break her heart again I will hunt you down. Since you haven't noticed you pushing her away like that has put a strain on your relationship and if you two break up she's not going to give you another chance so I suggest you fix the problem and talk things out or you'll lose her forever."

Sam walks up and touches his shoulder. "Logan..." He drops Fenton. "Go now," He says coldly and Danny rushes after me, soon finding me sitting on the steps outside. "(y/n), the guys just told me what happened, I know you're mad about it," He says sitting down next to me as I tell him:

"Danny I'm not just mad about that, you know you're not you anymore, you've become distant and selfish." "How am I selfish?! Because I don't want to endanger those I care about the most?! Because I don't want to waste the town's time more than I have?!" "Danny don't you get it? Your powers and my powers gave us a chance to change things, a chance that no one else had and I was thrilled to work beside you but now your powers are gone and we're not fighting ghosts anymore."

 I tell Danny with a facepalm before resting my head in my hands. "What's wrong with that? I thought you'd be happy we get to spend more time together, we can go on more dates now." "Everything! Danny, we got to fight ghosts after school while other kids fought acne. It was our way of showing the people that we cared about the city and its people and you know I love spending time with you but I loved our late night flies after patrol it was something special and unique for us to do regularly and I know there are times I wish we could go on a little more dates but I was fine with only having a date every so often, the fact that we didn't do them on a daily basis is what made those days and night special to me."

I place my hand over my heart as I give a small smile as I thought back to our date nights before my smile dropped and I continued. "Not to mention our powers were a big part of our story," I place my hands over his. "How we met, how we got to work together, how we grew close, and even how we got together but you don't really seem to care what exactly you gave up!" I turn my head away from him as his eyes widen. He had never thought of it that way but now that he was thinking about it, it was true his powers had been a big factor in his life that affected other aspects of his life in a positive way. "I- I care! It's just I care about you and my family more," My hands drop back into my lap.

 "When you had your powers and we were fighting ghosts, I knew this town was protected from evil but now...Who knows where we're headed," I state, our attention turning to the Master's Blasters across the street collecting their fee.

"I'll always care about you Danny, and I'll always be there for you but I don't want to give up something that has changed my life for the better. But the worst part of all this was you didn't even give us a chance and listen before you took your powers away, I'm surprised you haven't learned that just because we're not fighting ghosts on the daily basis doesn't mean you're not needed, sure we're not needed right now but you don't know when the town needs us, it could be today, tomorrow or years from now all that should matter is that we're there ready to help when they need it," I tell him before getting up and going inside, leaving him with his thoughts.