six

~What's life without a little risk? ~
----------

~What's life without a little risk? ~----------

****

They slipped out of the common room, into the cold hallways. "Who's there?" asked the fat Lady but she never got an answer. James was in front of the others and held his wand high "Lumos", he whispered quietly. Now they were finally able to see the dark hallways. Talea was behind James and in front of Sirius who kept one hand on her back. Peter was behind Sirius and watched their backs.

The group of four went through the empty corridors and because of the invisibility cloak no one noticed them. Therefore, the snogging 7 years and Filch weren't able to spot them as they passed. They arrived at the doors of the library and quietly slipped in.

Talea took of the cloak and held up her wand to see the bookshelves.

"What now Talls?" asked James.

"Ever heard of an Animagus?"

"Isn't McGonagall one?" questioned Sirius, remembering the cat that the teacher always transformed to.

Talea nodded and told them to search for books about Animagi. They split up to find any information and for once, Talea whished they had taken Remus with them, the libaty was like his second dorm room.

After about 20 minutes James called everyone to a table, on top of it a black book, that was placed near a window ,that showed a perfect view of Hogwarts grounds. James seemed to have found a page where Animagi were described and read aloud;

An Animagus (pl. Animagi) is a witch or a wizard who are able to transform themselves into an animal and back again at will. It is a learned skill, unlike the hereditary skill of a Metamorphmagus. An Animagi also has the ability to communicate with normal animals. There seem to be a clear understanding of want and need in this ability, but the full extent and quality are unknown. It is also important to note that werewolves are fundamentally different from Animagi. Lycanthropy is caused by a blood infection transmitted through being bitten by another werewolf, whereas the Animagus skill was learned. The werewolves cannot keep their minds after a transformation (unless they took the Wolfsbane potion), nor can they control themselves when they transformed, while Animagi can do both. However, as werewolves only harmed humans, Animagi, while in their animal forms, are safe to be in the company of werewolves.

"Do you guys know what that means?We could become an Animagus and help Remus with his transformation without getting hurt!" said Sirius excited. Talea nodded her head in thought, it couldn't be that easy, right?

"What do we have to do to become an Animagi?" asked Peter, his hands fiddling with the end of his jumper.

Taleas eyes flew over the other pages and then turned to the others "We have to get a leaf of a Mandrake and put it in our mouth for an entire month, then use the leaf for a potion, say 'Amato, Animo, Animato, Animagus' on daily basis and be able to cast a Patronous".

She looked at the others after a short pause and said "There are many things that could go wrong during the process. It's very dangerous."

"I'll do it anyways" said James.

"I told you I'll do it" added Sirius.

They all turned to Peter who didn't looked convinced but still nodded and said "If you guys do it I'll do it too."

Talea smiled, facing the others "Where will we do it? We can't tell Remus, he wouldn't want us to take the risk, so the Dormitory isn't an opportunity."

Sirius looked at her and said "Do you remember the empty classroom, where we planned the prank against the Slytherins? I don't think that anyone really knows of it."

Talea agreed with a nod, then asked "How will we get the Mandrake leaf? It's not like Professor Sprout would let us take them."

Sirius and James smirked at each other and said "We'll figure it ou-"

They weren't able to finish because someone opened the library door. "Where are they Mrs. Norris? Do you see them?" a familiar voice echoed through the room.

"Shit" James and her exclaimed at the same time.

They made it back to the boy's dormitory without being caught, "So how do we get the leaves?" Peter questioned.

They spend the night trying to figure it out and talked to keep each other awake but everyone was too exhausted, so James fell asleep while sitting on the floor and leaning his head against the bed, Peter was laying in front of James on the floor while Sirius and Talea fell asleep on his bed.

Over the next few weeks, they worked on their potion. By the end of October, Sirius, James, Peter and her were constantly together plotting the transformation.

On top of that they were planning a big Halloween prank, this time with Remus included. That all of them were stressed was an understatement and they barely got any sleep.

"I did it!" Talea exclaimed happily. Sirius and her were currently in the abandoned classroom and while he tried to get more information on Animagi, she was brewing the potion.

"You found a way to tame James hair?"

"No, that's impossible" she laughed "I finished the potion... well by now we just have to add the mandrake leaves but that's it."

Sirius jumped up from the book and hugged her tightly, she was surprised for a second "Let's meet tomorrow before breakfast, James and I will get the leaves and I'll tell Peter."

"Okay, be careful, I don't want to explain Professor Sprout why you guys were stealing leaves."

"Don't worry darling, we're going to be careful."

****
What do you think of the book so far?