eighty-six

~you didn't go through all of that for nothing~
-----------

~you didn't go through all of that for nothing~-----------

****

"There is only one Horcrux left" stated Eira, after she had saved them and brought them to the Room of Requirement, they had decided to tell her about the Prophecy and the Horcruxes.

"We assume that there is one Horcrux left" replied James.

"No, there is only one Horcrux left" argued Talea, her eyes fixed onto the ground, her hand placed in Sirius',ever since they had sat down in front of the fire.

Remus head turned towards her with a frown "Why are you so sure?"

"Call it intuition, I just don't know what it is, it must be something important to him but what does a person that is not able to love value?"

"Well, he had a connection to the Hogwarts founders; Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem, Helga Hufflepuff's cup, Salazar Slytherins ring and locket, maybe it's something from Gryffindor" suggested Sirius.

"There is nothing but Gryffindor's sword, I doubt that we've destroyed Horcruxes with another Horcrux" muttered Peter, scratching the back of his head.

"I agree" said James "But I think he has a thing for being a little bit extra, I don't think that he turned a stone into a Horcrux and threw it into the sea. It has to be something... important."

"Another set of jewellery maybe?" Remus let his head fall into his hands.

Talea snorted "Don't think that he's into expensive stuff, I think it's the meaning behind it. Remember when I found out some things about his past? He grew up in an orphanage, was always the strange one out but when he got to Hogwarts everything changed. Suddenly he was gifted, not cursed, he was praised not bullied he was powerful, not weak. Even though I don't think that he's a very emotional person, You-Know-Who has a connection to Hogwarts, it was the probably the first time he ever felt at home."

"What are you implying?" asked Eira.

"My guess is that there is something else he values but not our definition of value, more like something that reminds him of his power, something that makes him feel all mighty."

There was a small silence, hovering over the group "I still don't know what it could be" Sirius furrowed his brows and leaned back into the sofa, his thumb brushing over the back of her hand.

"There is one person that might know" Peter said when all of their heads turned to him, he blushed slightly and started to fiddle with his hands "Well, I mean Talea always said that Professor Camplyn was quite wise."

Talea put a hand to her head "Merlin Peter, why didn't I thought of this. I'm not sure if she had any answers but she's probably our biggest chance."