sixty-nine

~in order to raise from its own ashes, a Phoenix first must burn~
----------

~in order to raise from its own ashes, a Phoenix first must burn~----------

****

Things fall, snowflakes, raindrops, tears but now it was the world that was falling into darkness. Dumbledore sent them a letter, inviting them to the first Order meeting. The attacks have increased and everyone seemed to be waiting for the next one, the next move. But what horrified Talea the most was that Sturgis Podmore's daughter was finally found. 

Dead. 

It was near a lonely cottage when the family living there heard the painful screams of a baby. The family followed the cries in the middle of the night, only to find the baby in a crib, placed on burning firewood. It was a muggle family, they weren't able to extinguish the fire on time. By the time they came back with buckets of water, the cries of the baby were non-existent. And the child was slowly burning to ashes. 

It was not only Talea who drowned herself in guilt but Eloise too. Remus tried his best to comfort her but her pure soul couldn't bear the thought of the child dying just to scare Dumbledore, the Order and her. It was horrible, it was like Voldemort had thought of everything if you take a closer look. 

The baby was just a metaphor for Eloise. The time when she was a baby and he thought that she died too in a fire, burning to death with her mother. It was a message, telling Eloise to follow his orders, to switch to his side. The fire is meant to be her power that was slowly killing herself. The muggles? Talea thought that Voldemort just wanted to show how "useless" muggles are. She bet that his death eaters liked his little game. But Eloise wouldn't follow him, just like Talea. He could kill her if he must but she wouldn't bend down to a Lord who wears the lives he has taken like a sign for power. 

She send her application letter to the Ministry of Magic a few days ago and hoped to receive an answer soon. Dumbledore offered to help her get the job but she refused, she decided that she didn't need help from someone else to achieve her goals. 

She slipped into her black coat and went back the kitchen where she picked up her wand "Are you ready?" she asked Sirius who was still in the bathroom. Talea walked to the door and leaned on the doorframe watching the black-haired boy while he admired himself in the mirror. 

He brushed a hand through his hair and turned to Talea with a grin "You are so lucky to have a good-looking boyfriend." 

She raised a brow "Are you implying that I'm ugly?" 

Sirus grinned and kissed her temple "How dare you assume that I would go into public with an ugly person by my side." 

"You are so full of yourself-" she was cut off by Sirius pressing his lips on hers. He pushed her back against the doorframe and deepened the kiss. 

Her hand brushed over his arms, up to his face, leaving goosebumps on his skin even though she didn't noticed. When one of his hands started to lift her shirt slightly, she pulled away with a chuckle "We have to go darling."