seventy-two

~ you can never truly foresee what is about to come~
----------
TW: blood, violence

~ you can never truly foresee what is about to come~---------- TW: blood, violence

****

Talea Lupin was gazing into the crystal ball in front of her. She was seated in the dimly lit room, somewhere in the dungeons of the Hall of Prophecies. She sat on the ground as various scents filled her nose, giving the room a spiritual Atmosphere. Her eyebrows furrowed as she guided herself through the depths of the future.

There was something off.

It was not the several attacks that seemed to be a usual thing these past days, there was something going to happen soon, something bad. And it was nothing good.

She snapped out of her trance when Camila opened the door and slipped into the room. "Did you find anything interesting?" the women handed her a coffee which the younger witch gladly took.

"Well, it is hard to explain, I can't describe it but there's something off. I just have to find out what" Talea stared into her coffee before taking a sip and letting out a distressed sigh.

Camila walked up to her and scrunched her nose at the sever scents that filled up the small room "Don't stress yourself, even the best seers need their time to predict detailed stuff. But I suppose you can take a break now; Ivar wants you to do some other work."

Talea stood up and dusted her robes off, she walked over to the door and both of them slipped into the hallway. "What does he want me to do?"

"He's going to show you some of the other chambers but I don't know anything else. I would've done it but Croaker ordered me to help in the time room" she rolled her eyes "It's literally the most boring part of this whole department. No one wants to examine the Time Turnes and make sure that they are working correctly, so no one will jump into the wrong timeline."

"True" spoke a different voice behind them, Camila flinched and send Ivar a glare. "But the job has to be done, right?"

"You do it then" bit the dark-haired girl back.

But Ivar just shrugged and grinned "No thank you, Croaker honoured you with this delightful task, not me." He took a sip out of a big metal bottle and motioned Talea to follow him.

She waved at Camila, chuckling at the girl's visible annoyance. "So, where do we go?"

"I'm going to show you some of the other chambers" he repeated what Camila has already said "And then you will do some work in the space chamber."

They walked through the Hall of Prophecies, back into the Time Chamber and then into the Entrance Chamber. Talea had gained some orientation in the past few days and didn't feel as confused as she did a few days ago, when she first entered the circular room with the 12 handless doors.