twenty-four

~ Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it~
----------

~ Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it~----------

****

I was currently in my dorm room, Lily and I were getting dressed for Slughorns Halloween party. The rest of the marauders and I, we successfully performed a Halloween prank at breakfast. We went to the kitchens early in the morning to put magic powder in the food, which would put the Gryffindor crest on the faces of the other students.

However, we were generous enough to let it last only long enough to disappear a few seconds before Slughorn's dinner. At lunch, we decided to turn all goblets into frogs that would croak the Hogwarts song all day long until dinner. To be honest, they were already getting on my nerves and I could hardly wait until they became goblets again. 

Lily was furious about it until I told her that the charm on her face would wear off soon. I was wearing a black, tight, long dress with spaghetti straps. A small slit went just above my knees and it emphasised my waist.

Lily was wearing a similar dress. It was a dark green, tight dress that accentuated her bright green eyes and made her look like a goddess with her fiery red hair.

Marlene rushed into our dorm room and looked us up and down before commenting "Oh, you look rather dashing tonight! Where are you going milady's?"

"What about me Marls? Do you think Frank will like it?" Alice came out of the bathroom wearing a light blue dress that flared up a little from her waist down.

"I think you look rather dashing too, Alice. But remember that you don't make yourself pretty for him, you make yourself pretty for you."

"Since when are you that wise Marls?" asked Lily with a teasing smile.

"Oh, shut up flowerpower, your date and Talea's date are waiting in front of the portrait hole while Frank is waiting in the common room."

I groaned and said "I would actually rather stay in my bed than go to this party" but Lily had already pulled me out of the door.

"And don't forget to use protection!" yelled Marlene out of our dorm room.

Lily groaned but I'm pretty sure that I saw a smirk on her face. We walked down the stairs and arrived at the common room. James, Remus, Frank and Sirius sat in front of the fire, the latter with his girlfriend of the month sitting on his lap, but they turned their heads as soon as they heard our footsteps.

"You look gorgeous Lilyflower but that's nothing new right?"

Lily groaned and turned to me "I'll be out of here, we'll see each other at the dinner, alright?"

I nodded and turned around to tell Alice but she was already talking to Frank with a light blush covering her face.

Remus and James walked up to me and Remus smirked "Nice dress, I guess Calix will think so too." Calix asked me at lunch if I wanted to be his date to Slughorns dinner and I agreed happily.

James smirked and said "I think you look nice too."

"Just nice, huh?"

"Oh sorry, your appearance surprised me so much that I couldn't think of words like beautiful, lovely, gorgeous and attractive."

"That will do... for now. Where are your dates?"

James grinned and said "We'll go stag. "

I grinned and replied "Oh deer" while Remus grinned at the pun.

I turned around to the couch and chuckled when I saw Sirius struggling to get away from his girlfriend. I walked up to him and said "One could think that you look good for once."

His head snapped up and his eyes travelled up and down my body but he snapped himself out of it and smirked "I think we both know that this is a lie."

"Siri sweetheart stop talking to her, you have a girlfriend."

Sirius looked a little pissed and let out a small groan before he put on a fake smile and turned to the girl "I'll talk to whoever I want, Talea this is Elisabeth, Elisabeth this is Talea."

"My name is Susan."

I had to stifle a laugh and shook her hand "Nice to meet you Scarlett."

"My name is Susan!"

Sirius snickered and whispered in my ear "You look gorgeous love."

A tickling sensation spread through my body and I felt a blush appear on my cheeks. But I didn't want Sirius to notice, so I just whispered back "Well, you look rather handsome to but I need to excuse myself, my date is waiting in front of the portrait hole."

I turned around and walked out of the common room without looking back. Calix leaned on a wall and as soon as he heard me approach, his eyes snapped up to look at me."

He walked to me and smiled "You look beautiful Talea."

I smiled brightly and replied "Thank you, you look rather handsome yourself." I linked my arm with his and we went to the dungeons where Slughorns office was.

When I say that the meeting was boring, that is an understatement. I have never been more bored in my life. I figured that Slughorn just invited us to this dinner for his own benefit. Everyone at the table either had parents who had good jobs, famous family members or were good students themselves so that they could become important people in the future. Even the food was not the best. Apparently, the guy sitting opposite me didn't see it that way, he was about a year older than me and stuffed his mouth with his dessert.

Alice and Frank were quietly talking to themselves with matching smiles on their faces. Sirius was trying to get him out of his girlfriend's death grip and I saw his brother watching him, trying not to laugh at the sight.

Sirius told me that he and his brother had always been relatively close. As a child, he held him from his mother's outbursts of rage and when one of them had nightmares, they would go to the other's room so they wouldn't have to spend the night alone.

When Sirius came to Gryffindor, Regulus still saw him as a role model when Sirius told him about his new friends and about Hogwarts. They lost sight of each other a little, however, as Sirius stayed more and more with the Potter's and Regulus became more and more the ideal child for his mother.

But I knew that they still loved each other truly and that this would not change any time soon. After Sirius ran away from home, he told me how he was going to get Regulus out of that house one day. So, Regulus wrote a message to his brother to meet him, which he gave me to deliver to Sirius. I don't know exactly what happened, but since that day the two of them have been trying to rebuild their old bond and have been meeting again and again at night in the Room of Requirements or on the Astronomy Tower.

Calix snapped me out of my thoughts as he put his hand on my arm "Are you okay? You looked a little lost for a second."

"Oh, I'm fine just lost in thought. Oh, and bored."

Calix chuckled and replied "Alright, wanna get out of here?"

"How? He's talking non-stop. "

But Calix just grinned and turned to Slughorn "Professor?"

"Yes Mr. Walker?"

"I don't feel well, would it be alright if I went out for some fresh air? "

"But of course not, why don't you take Miss Lupin with you?"

"Thank you, Sir."