forty-seven

~darling, you're all I ever wanted love to be~
---------

~darling, you're all I ever wanted love to be~---------

****

October was slowly coming to an end and winter arrived softly. I watched the smoke rising from the chimneys, the world slowly turning white. The past days, I was often around James, Sirius birthday was nearing and this year, I wanted it to be special. 

Remus was annoyed that I was spending more time with James than with him until I told him about the present. He decided to plan a birthday party with Peter and the girls, so James and I wouldn't have to do that too. 

Sirius and I didn't go on our date yet but in the last days he didn't seemed to be in the mood for it anyways. He grew easily annoyed at anyone and was sometimes even ignoring me and James. I think he might be annoyed at me for spending so much time with his best friend but he will surely understand when he sees his gift, right?

We planned out everything weeks in advance, trying to make this day perfect. James and I sat in the abandoned classroom, where we usually did our pranks, scribbling down some ideas for Sirius present.

The gift was basically ready, but we were still working on the finishing touches. I think I might strangle Sirius if he doesn't like it, we've spent so much time on it that I already had two detentions because I forgot to hand in my assignments in time. I laughed when James was once over complaining about reading a charms book when the door pushed open. I jumped slightly while James tried to hide the papers and books that were placed on the table.  

I looked up to see Sirius standing in the door frame, the Marauders Map in his hand and his face was scrunched up in confusion as his eyes flickered from me to James. "What are you doing?"

"We? Oh, nothing much."

"Homework." 

I glared at James who was scratching his neck, trying to avoid Sirius suspicious glance. "What are you hiding behind your back, James?" 

James eyes widened and he tried to put the parchment in the back of his pants but failed as he looked so panicked that he missed while I tried to keep Sirius from coming closer. "Nothing?" replied James uncertainly, how could a person be so bad at lying?

"Come on Sirius, do you want to grab something from the kitchens?" I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the door before he could answer, I send a last glare at James before turning around and sending an innocent smile at Sirius. His eyes were narrowed and he didn't seemed to like this at all. "Why can't you tell me what you were doing?" 

I shrugged and held my chin high as I tried to be convincing "We were doing absolutely nothing but homework." 

Sirius stopped in his tracks and turned to me; his eyes burned with rage "Why did James hide the parchment then? And why are you spending so much time with him?!"