eight

~Everytime the moon shines I become alive~
----------

~Everytime the moon shines I become alive~----------

****

A month has passed and the boys and I were in the abandoned classroom to practise our Patronus because we could take out the leaves tomorrow evening. It was around midnight when we snuck out of our dorms and Remus was already fast asleep and couldn't be waken up because he was always very tired when a transformation was coming.

"Come on James you can do it, you're so close!" I tried to motivate James.

He was already able to conjure a beam of light but it wasn't fully shaped yet. "Think of your parents laughing with you, good times with the boys or even Lily."

It seemed like I had found something to trigger a very happy memory because his Patronus finally took the shape of a stag.

"I did it, look it's a stag, majestic just like me!"

"Good job James!" said Sirius patting his shoulder, rolling his eyes with a grin.

After a few more tries Sirius was close to finally see his Patronus. He seemed to dig in many happy memories because his face was scrunched up in concentration.

The moon was up, painting the world silver, making things look just a little more alive. His face was irradiated by moonlight and his hair fell into his eyes. I was hypnotised by the sight, I couldn't take my eyes of him. He was truly beautiful it wasn't just his good looks but his calming personality and the feeling of safety around him.

I snapped out of my trance as Sirius face lit up with happiness because he finally formed a Patronus. I looked up to see a dog running up to me and circling around my legs. I looked up to Sirius and laughed. I didn't noticed the knowing look James send in mine and Sirius direction.

I tried again and thought of the happiest memories I had. As if a switch was being turned over, I felt weightless, I felt like swimming in love, the world around me suddenly became soft and friendly and I felt like being embraced by the world. A big smile was placed on my faces as I opened my eyes and looked at a cat who circled Sirius and then jumped up and down in the classroom.

"I did it!" I said in disbelieve while watching my Patronus.

Peter was the last one who conjured a Patronus. His one was a rat which he found a little disappointing but I told him that it would be quite useful for sneaking around and pranking Filch.

****

I didn't have much sleep considering the fact that we were up late and I had to get up early in the morning to put the mandrake leaves into the potion so we could practise our first transformation. I met the boys in the common room and we went to the abandoned classroom.

"Put your leaves in the cups." I said while stirring the potion. They did what I told them and we started to gulp down the disgusting potion.

"Do you guys feel any different?" asked Sirius.

"Nope but I'll guess we should to try the transformation anyways" I suggested. "Any volunteers?"

James went into the middle of the room and said " I'll do it."

I watched as James scrunched up his face in concentration. He started to transform slowly. He grew antlers and his two legs turned into for. I stared at the stag with my mouth wide open.

Sirius ran up to James to pet him and said "I want to try next."

Sirius started to shrink at grew a black fur. He looked like a furry black dog, somehow like a German shepherd. I bent down to him and scratched him behind his ears and he wiggled his tail. "Aren't you cute?" The dog just barked.

"Okay, okay it's my turn now" I said smiling.

Sirius and James turned back into their normal form and I tried to concentrate myself on the transformation. I felt how my bones started to shrink and I felt like falling onto the floor but it didn't hurt like I imagined. I opened my eyes to see three very large boys standing in front of me smiling. At this high even Peter towered me, weird feeling. I looked up and started walking towards them. I circled around James and Sirius legs and Sirius picked me up to pet me in his arms.

I watched as Peter turned into a rat and started running around the room, yep, he was totally perfect for pranking people.

****

The boys and I came up with a brilliant idea to show Remus our new talent. I asked Lily to tell Remus that he should come up to his dorm as fast as possible because we had some important matters to discuss.

So, we waited in the dorm room, our eyes looking at the door, waiting for Remus to come through.

The door went open and a shocked Remus looked at us. I mean yeah, I guess it was quite a sight for sore eyes, a dog sitting in front of a stag who had a black cat on his bag and a rat in his antlers.

Sirius pulled Remus on his bed and he stared at us "Uhh what the hell is going on?"

I looked at Sirius and send him a nod. While James placed Peter bag on the ground, I jumped from his back and we all started transforming in front of Remus eyes.

He looked at us with his mouth wide open. "I know I'm beautiful Rem but you can stop staring now" said Sirius obviously proud of himself.

After overcoming his shock, we told him what we did the last month and explained the idea of helping him with his transformation. He refused at first but after we assured him that nothing could happen to us as long as were in our Animagus form he finally gave in. We are going to help him with the next full moon and he'll never be alone at a transformation again.

****