eighteen

~ time turned into years, dreams turned into nightmares~
----------

~ time turned into years, dreams turned into nightmares~----------

****

I woke up with Sirius still in my arms. I stroked his hair a little and admired the boy. Dark strands of hair were falling over his eyes his fist was still clenched around my sweater and his other arm rested around my waist. I tried to slip out of bed without waking him up but as soon as I put one foot on the floor, his hand closed around my wrist and pulled me into his arms. He was still half asleep and did not notice my red cheeks.

"Sirius, I have to get up."

He mumbled something in his pillow but I couldn't understand what he said.

"What was that?"

"Why?"

"Remus and Peter are coming today and I'm hungry."

He groaned and loosened his grip.

I slipped out of his room and went up to mine to change into some more presentable clothes.
I walked into the kitchen to find there a very cheerful James and Sirius, who was making himself a toast.

"Good morning."

"Guess what?" asked James.

"You finally realised that I'm better at chess than you are?"

"No, you're not-" Sirius scoffed at that and I send him a wink.

"-anyways, our O.W.L.'s have arrived."

"Really? How did you do?"

They just shrugged their shoulders and Sirius said "We don't know we were waiting for you."
James pressed a letter in my hands while handing another one to Sirius. We looked at each other and opened our letters.

O.W.L examinations results of Talea Hope Lupin

Charms: O
Potions: E
Transfiguration: O
Care of Magical Creatures: E
Herbology: O
History of Magic: A
Defence Against the Dark Arts: O

I was quite happy with my result well History of Magic could be better but who needs Goblin revolutions anyways? Sirius and James did surprisingly well too.

****

Remus and Peter joined us later on and we spend the day at a lake, near James 'house. When we came back, I played wizard chess against James to prove that I was better.

"Oh, what a poor move Potter."

"You really don't have any talents at all, do you?"

"Ouh, are you sure you want to do that move?"

"Well, I mean it's not like we expected something better."

Sirius and I fist bumped and smirked at each other as James complained to Remus "Moony they bother and annoy me. The two even questioned my talents."

"What talents?" asked Peter while showing another sweet into his mouth and I giggled.

"Yeah, James I think they are just telling the truth" Remus didn't even looked up from his book but I saw a smirk on his face.

"Guys, I really don't like this negative energy against me right now."

"Oh deer." I couldn't help myself but burst into laughter.

****

Later, I excused myself to go to bed, I was exhausted from the day and my arm started burning again. I changed and snuggled under my duvet and as soon as my head touched my pillow, I was already fast asleep.

I opened my eyes and was in a dark room, it was cold and uncomfortable. There was black wallpaper and dark furniture with dark green accessories. My gaze was fixed on a silver mirror in which I saw myself, I sat in an armchair. I was not myself, there was a man sitting there, his cheeks bones sunken, slightly red eyes and he looked sickly pale. A snake snaked up my leg to my torso, up to my ear. "How does the plan work?", I hissed. The snake came closer to my ear and hissed back, "the plan is working, there are more and more of them."

I woke up with a start, my body sweating. I've been having more dreams like this lately and I wondered if Dumbledore's suspicions were true. I felt uncomfortable and my arm was filled with a stinging feeling. I needed comfort but I didn't know where to go, normally I would go to Remus but full moon is coming up and he needs all the sleep he can get now, so I walked into the room next to me.

I sneaked through the door and tiptoed to Sirius' bed. I lifted the blanket and lay down under it, his smell comforting me immediately. I lay down on my side to try and get some more sleep when an arm wrapped around my waist and he nuzzled his head into my neck.

My breath hitched and he mumbled "What are you doing here?"

"Bad dream."

"Don't worry love, you're safe here."

Those were the last words before I fell into a dreamless sleep.

****

The week passed quickly and before I knew it, I was back on the platform 9 ¾, in front of the red train. James and Sirius where bickering about some stuff, Peter trailing behind them as I walked with Remus.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"I'm tired, I guess I'll just sleep on the train, how are you? Did you have any visions again?"
"I don't really know. I have these weird dreams about a man who looks like an older version of the boy but I can't figure them out. I'm only able to see pieces of conversations and I really don't know what they're talking about. He and a few others talk about plans but I only ever get bits and pieces so I never know for sure what it's about. I only know that he has a big plan and he is definitely not a good person."

"Maybe you should talk to Dumbledore again, tell him about the dreams, maybe he's able to tell you more."

"Yes probably. Come on Remus." I stepped on the train.

"Have you finally decided to grace us with your presence?" asked James.

I sat down next to Sirius and chuckled "Shh, the old man needs his sleep" while pointing at Remus who had just sat down but was already half asleep.

****

That was... disgustingly sweet :/