thirty-one

~She was everything real in a world of make-believe~
----------

~She was everything real in a world of make-believe~----------

****

This morning I was pulled out of the library by James and Sirius because they were bored and had the fantastic idea of hexing the Slytherins' door to turn every student who walks out into a different colour.

We tried to convince Moony to help us but he tried to stop us because he didn't wanted to get us out of detention again. That's why we ran off to the dungeons, taking Peter with us, in case we needed someone to stop any teachers who might try to stop us.

Sirius took my hand and pulled me behind a statue when he heard footsteps coming. Peter was still standing in the hallway, ready to distract anyone who would come our way.

"Mr. Pettigrew, may I ask what you're doing in the dungeons all by yourself?" I heard Professor McGonagall say.

It wouldn't usually be uncommon to walk through the school alone but as Peter was actually always seen with one of us, except when he was acting as a distraction, it was perhaps a little suspicious that he was standing alone in the corridor.

"Drugs?" Sirius had to put a hand over my mouth to stop me from laughing, although he obviously had to stifle a laugh as well.

The professor sighed and asked him "Where's Mr. Black?"

"Doing stuff."

"I don't like the sound of that. Where is Ms. Lupin?"

"Helping Sirius with doing stuff."

"And her cousin?"

"Trying to stop them from doing the stuff."

"Mr. Potter?"

"Trying to stop Remus from stop Talea and Sirius from doing the stuff."

"I see, and what are you doing here Mr. Pettigrew?"

"I'm supposed to stop you from stop James from stop Remus from stop Talea and Sirius from doing the stuff."

"What?"

"Anyways-"

I only now realised how close Sirius and I were standing and hoped that he couldn't see my red cheeks in the dark. I released his hand from my mouth and pulled him away from the statue towards the Slytherin common room, trying to not get caught but seeing as Professor McGonagall was too preoccupied in a conversation with Peter about Dumbledore's favourite socks, I was pretty sure that we're not going to be seen.