nine

~this is who I am it's a blessing not a curse~

----------

TW: transformation (i marked the start and the end)

****

The moon hung high in the sky, a perfect silver disk, bleaching the land into a ghost-like replica of daytime. The boys and I walked down the dark corridor, the only source of light was the moon and the flickering light of the torches on the wall.

It was quiet, no one knew what to say, the excitement was mixed with a tiny bit of fear but I suppressed it because I dindn't want Remus to notice.

We arrived at the whomping willow and Peter transformed to his rat form, just as we planned. He pushed the knot and the tree stopped in his tracks. We rushed to the entrance and we feel into a deep hole.

I fell onto a body. "Arghh! Talea get your ass of me!" exclaimed James. Just as I wanted to get up another body crashed onto mine. "Holy shit Sirius!"

After our little accident we walked down a secret passage to the Shrieking Shack. A little, old and rusty house with several broken stair and furniture. Cozy.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked Remus.

"We'll wait until the transformation starts and you keep me from attacking animals or worse people and try to keep me inside the shack."

(Start of TW)
We waited until the moon is at his highest when Remus transformation started. It was a horrible sight; he screamed and clutched his body.

I watched as every single bone in his body broke and he let out a blood-curdling scream. His hands started to transform into claws and his skin splits revealing dark brown hair while his upper and lower jaws elongate.

His kind eyes were now empty as if Remus had no soul.

(End of TW)

I watched in my cat form and I felt like crying. He walked up and down, his gaze fixed on the ground, it looked like Remus was still fighting the wolf so he wouldn't lose control.

But soon even the last bit of humanity left his eyes. He started to shred the furniture into pieces as James tried to calm him down. The more time passed, the more the werewolf got used to us and calmed down. After a few hours he rolled into a ball and lay in front of the fireplace, his eyes closing slowly.

James and Peter decided to stay awake to watch Remus as Sirius and I tried to get a little rest. It was a cold night, so I curled up next to the black dog and closed my eyes.

I woke up from the sun rays shining in my face and looked around. I was still lying next to Sirius who was in a deep just like the stag and the rat. Remus human form was cuddled up in sheets and he looked very exhausted.

I decided to wake up the others and we carried the still sleeping Remus to the hospital wing. We kept Remus company and fell asleep again around Remus bed.

****

The days passed and it was already time to go home for the Christmas holidays. I would spend the first week at home and the second at James's. I sat with the girls on the ride home and we played exploding snap while Marlene and I nearly spend our whole money on sweets from the trolley.

Remus waited for me to search for our parents while I said goodbye to the girls. We walked through the busy platform and looked for our family as I felt a hand grabbing my arm and pulling me in a hug.

"Talea it's so good to see you again" smiled my mom while my father engulfed me in a hug.

"Talea, Talea! Over here!" I turned around to see James and Sirius running towards me. "Did you thought we would let you go without a goodbye hug?" pouted Sirius while opening his arms.

I laughed and hugged him and James.

****

The first week was filled with spending time with my family, baking cookies, meeting Remus nearly every day and buying presents. But today was the day I would go to James to spend Christmas and New Year's Eve there. My bag was already packed as I heard someone knock at the door.

"Coming!"

I opened the door to see a smiling James and a black dog next to him.

"Come in. Any reason why Sirius is in his dog form?" I asked patting the dog.

"He wanted to go for a walk" laughed James.

"Werewolf?"

"Therewolf" I answered while pointing at Remus who sat on a kitchen chair reading the daily prophet.

"Remus my boy!"

"Ew stop it James you sound like an overexcited Slughorn." said Remus walking up to us.

I said goodbye to my parents and we went over to James's, his house was just a few blocks away. As the sun dipped below the horizon, the fleeting colours of dusk began to fade away and I looked up to my friends an excited feeling tingling in my stomach.

****

I'm sorry that this chapter is so short ... but I felt like there would be to many different subjects if I kept on writing.
~ Thank you for 100 readers :)