fourty-four

~ In each of us lie good and bad, light and dark, art and pain, choice and regret, cruelty and sacrifice. No one can live in the light all the time~
-----------

 No one can live in the light all the time~-----------

****

It was the morning after we talked to Regulus, I was sitting at breakfast with the boys, Marlene and Alice. Lily was off somewhere in the library. Eloise joined us, she was often around us but we didn't mind, in fact some of us, especially Remus, have taken a liking to her. She was a sweet and soft girl, very caring and always brabbling something about magical creatures. It amazes me how this always smiling and gentle girl could turn into a beast whenever she needed to defend herself or others. I grinned at Remus who was staring at the girl as if she was the most beautiful thing, he'd ever seen. 

"Why are your nails painted Remus?" asked James.

Remus looked down to his hands and shrugged "Lily painted my nails and I've told her all the things you've said in your sleep. You're welcome." 

We laughed at James horrified face, he always talked in his sleep, whenever I could understand some of his brabbling, he mumbled something about Lily. 

"You didn't! Remus, she was starting to warm up to me!" shrieked James, still horrified. 

"Yeah, her face definitely got warmer." 

"Remus, stop exposing everyone!" laughed Alice. 

"I think it's rather entertaining" grinned Sirius and Marlene agreed. 

"Ah, young love" sighed Eloise, looking at James face that was extremely red but she snapped out of it a few seconds later "Did you know that Nifflers are known for their ability to burrow. In fact, they live in burrows that can be as much as 20 feet below the ground. They're so good at burrowing, the goblins used Nifflers to burrow underground for treasure, ils sont vraiment mignons."

"Didn't Newt Scamander have a Niffler who broke into the Steen national bank?" asked Remus.

"Oui! I wish I had a Niffler" they drifted off into their own world as Marlene wiggled her eyebrows at them, earning a laugh from Peter. Sirius and I excused us and went to the library, earning a confused glance from James, as Sirius would never step a foot into this part of Hogwarts, without planning mischief. 

We walked in a comfortable silence until Sirius said "I once wanted to visit the library but it was overbooked."

I let out a laugh but he was already talking again "What room in Hogwarts has the most stories?" 

"I don't even want to know-" 

"The library!" 

I let out a sigh "Dear Godric." 

"A book fell on my head; I can only blame my shelf."

I tried to hide my amused grin but failed miserably as I saw Sirius smiling at my reaction. He took my hand in his as we reached the doors to the library. We looked around for a while until we saw Regulus sitting at a table in a quiet corner.