ninety

~ eternity ~
-------

~ eternity ~ -------

****

Sirius leaned back in his seat. He was sitting in the leaky cauldron, it was a rather cold and dark place but he had spent his past few days in here. There were two empty glasses of firewhisky standing on the table in front of him, he didn't felt like drinking another. Remus, Peter and James were all doing the same, no one has ever said a word since entering the pub hours ago.

Three days had passed. 

Three days without her. 

It hurts to even think about her but that's what he did. Every second of every day. The ministry of magic was busy as ever, they were arresting death eaters and tried to rebuild the system. They were trying to just swipe away the dirt of the war. 

They had wanted to arrest Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa. That was the only time Sirius did something else than sitting around in this pub. 

He had told the Aurors about how Narcissa had helped them to escape from the Manor, Sirius had simply twisted the story a little bit and said that Lucius had helped them too. 

He didn't really know why he did it, maybe it was because he didn't wanted Narcissa to feel the same as he did. 

The magical population was relieved but they were still in shock. Everyone had lost someone or something, everyone had endured bad times and lived a nightmare, you couldn't just shake that off. 

Sirius didn't knew how the others were doing right now. He assumed they felt the same, the only difference was that whenever they went home a loved would sit there, waiting for them.

He had spent his time writing letters. 

Writing letters to Talea, even though she would never receive them. 

He felt safe when he wrote down his feelings, it was as if she was simply sitting in front of him, smiling at the things he said. Even though there was nothing to smile about. 

He picked up a piece of paper and read it again and again. 

This was the first letter he had written to her. 

Dear Talea,

You lied.

You said that you would always be by my side, you promised me that you'd be there for eternity. Remember? You said you'd never let go of my hand.

So where are you now?

Sometimes I feel like hating you, hating you for leaving me alone. But that's the thing, I cannot hate you for breaking my heart. My love, I will love you forever, you are too tangled in my soul to let you go.

When you left, you took the sun with you, the only thing I feel is emptiness. How can emptiness be so heavy?

You have saved us all, my dear. You made sure that none of our horrible faiths came true but have you thought about your own?

I wish I could have told you how much I love you but I was never able to put it into words. I am so grateful for you my love. You have shown me all the beautiful things about life and this is what I'm so grateful for. But now I feel like I'll never be able to see those things anymore.

Because all of them lead back to you.

Tell me my love; am I supposed to be grateful to have survived this?

I miss your laugh.

I miss your hand brushing through my hair every morning.

I miss your wicked ideas.

I miss your love.

I miss your dramatics.

I miss you.

I miss your wicked plans that would save us all.

Just tell me; is there another plan? A plan to save yourself?

Now you're only a memory, I guess eternity was a word meant for memories, not for people.

I love you with all of my heart,

Sirius

A tear rolled down his cheek as he crumbled the letter and threw it onto the table in front of him. 

"You say you miss my dramatics but look at you my dear, you hold enough drama for the both of us." 

Sirius head whirled around. At first he thought it was an illusion, that he was now imagining things or that the alcohol was making him go crazy. 

But it was real. 

There she stood, in his own jumper, a small grin on her face. 

Talea Lupin. 

He should have known that she had something planned out. There was no way that Talea Lupin would have been fighting this battle if she hadn't had a plan on how to win this. 

She pulled him into a deep kiss, ignoring the way he tasted like firewhisky and cigarettes. Her scent was surrounding him, the warm feeling of her lips on his and her hands on his skin. 

This was home. 

Talea pulled away and brushed a strand of hair behind his ears "I'm sorry that I took so long but I was unconscious until a few hours ago." She leaned in and pecked his lips once more while he was still in shock. 

"I love you too Sirius, with all of my heart." 

He let out a teary laugh and pulled her into his embrace, it didn't matter that she was gone, the only thing that mattered now was that she wasn't dead but alive in his arms. The others were staring at them with disbelieving eyes, only Remus was able to pull himself out of his seat and slowly stepped towards them.

"Will you tell me your plan, love?" 

He could hear her chuckle "I've waited for this question." 

Sirius kissed her head lovingly. 

She was back in his arms and he would never let her go again. 

This time, they would really be together for eternity.