fourty-three

~what we do in life echoes in eternity~
----------

~what we do in life echoes in eternity~----------

****

Sirius and I decided not to tell anyone else about the future, for now. But we decided to speak to Regulus, we figured that he's probably a death eater by now as other Slytherin students in his grade got the dark mark and didn't even tried to hide it. And if he already is a death eater, he probably overheard the conversation that makes him want to change for the better and defeat Voldemort. I don't know why he wanted this locket but I do know that this locket is important if we want to defeat Voldemort. That's why Sirius and I sneaked out at midnight when we saw Regulus on the Marauders Map, sitting on the Astronomy tower. 

We walked up the spiral staircase until we saw the circular room where the youngest Black sat. He was leaning on a wall, looking at the stars, lost in his thoughts. Sirius pulled of James invisibility cloak and stepped out of the shadows. 

Regulus head snapped up but he relaxed as he saw his brothers familiar face "What are you doing here?" 

"We were looking for you." 

"We?" I stepped out of the shadow and revealed myself I mumbled a soft "Hello" before walking up to Sirius who sat down in front of his brother. 

"What do you want?" Regulus asked with a stern face, even if I could sense that he was getting slightly nervous. But I guess I would be too if someone searches for me in the middle of the night. 

Sirius sighed and said "Listen, we need your help and I don't care if you still act like you believe in this Pureblood maniac shit or not because it's for your own safety. We know that you're a death eater and we know that you have some valuable information." 

Sirius stopped for a second to look at Regulus whose face was scrunched up in fear. 

"I swear, I swear that I didn't wanted to be a death eater! Believe me Sirius I-"

But Sirius didn't even let him finish his sentence and said "We know."

I looked at Regulus, his shoulders slumped down and his muscles relaxed again "What?"

"We believe you Regulus, I know that you're not a bad person and that you don't believe in blood purity. Yes, I do believe that you did when we were younger but you've changed and we want to help you to get out of this." 

Regulus looked over to me and after a few seconds of silence he spoke "You want to defeat the dark Lord, right?" I nodded carefully as did Sirius. 

"I know." 

I blinked once before asking "What?"

"I've overheard your conversation, all I know is that you're a seer and that there's a prophecy about you. You know it right?" 

Sirius looked confuse but I nodded "Yes I know that you know a way to weaken him, I just don't know how. And that's why we're here, we want- no we need your help. I know that you don't want this life, you don't want to be a death eater, you don't believe in his views." 

"But this is going to be so hard. Do you know how dangerous this is for me? If he finds out about this, I'm dead." 

"Just because it's hard it doesn't mean that it's impossible. The harder a battle is, the prouder you are after it's done. I know how to protect you and I know that if we tell Dumbledore about this, that he will protect you too Regulus." 

"Please Reggie, I'm your older brother and I want to protect you. But I can't do that, if we're not on the same side." 

He seemed to think about it, his eyebrows furrowed slightly and he looked at the ground. Sirius sends me a nervous glance but I was certain that Regulus would agree. And I was right, Regulus slowly nodded his head and looked up again. 

After a while Regulus said "Alright, I'll tell you." Sirius smiled encouragingly and seemed very proud of his younger brother. 

"Well, it was just after I got the mark. I walked out of the room and leaned at the door, I couldn't bare the pain, I felt like screaming, so I tried to calm down, when I heard voices. Voldemort was still in the room, talking to someone. I couldn't make out much but I heard them talk about a Horcrux. I'm still looking for a book about them but it's very dark magic therefore hard to find, that's why I just know very little of them."

"What do you know?" 

"While the Horcrux is kept safe, the person will continue to exist even if his or her body is damaged or destroyed. It's like cheating death or something." 

I asked "So, he wants to be immortal?" 

"I guess."

Sirius looked at Regulus and asked "Could you meet us in the library tomorrow? It would be good if we'll be doing some research together before we tell Dumbledore about it." 

Regulus nodded and stood up "I'm going to leave, it's late and I have classes tomorrow. See you tomorrow." 

Before any of us could say our goodbyes, Regulus went down the staircase, leaving us alone in the tower. The only ones watching us were the stars. 

"I'm so proud of him" mumbled Sirius. I caressed his cheeks, my eyes following the move of my hand and replied "I know, me too." 

"Do you think that one day, we'll live happily ever after, you know just like in fairy tales or something?"

He chuckled and leaned closer "Well, I sure hope so, but I don't care how dark the future is as long as your with me."

I leaned in and connected our lips. There was this burning flame in my body again, he had a way of melting every part of me. It was like if I was drowning in a sea of him but I would still rather drown in his shadows than swim in someone else's light. 

His hands travelled down to my waist and pulled me closer, so I was sitting on his lap. He let out a groan as my tongue slipped into his mouth. He took his lips from mine and started to kiss my jaw and down to my neck, I let out a soft moan as he found my sweet spot. I blushed at this but I felt Sirius smirk against my neck. 

I grabbed his chin and placed my lips back on his for a soft kiss and pulled away. Sirius eyes travelled across my face, as if he would memorise this image. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, gave me a soft kiss on my temple and mumbled "I hope you'll stay around for a long time, I think I want you in my life for eternity." 

I blushed and my heart melted as he said these words "I'll be by your side for eternity, remember?" 

He chuckled and nodded his head "Yeah, I remember" before standing up and he held out a hand to help me up. I grabbed it and pulled myself up, our hands still intertwined as he placed a kiss on my knuckles. 

"Let's go back, love." 

Sirius and I went back to the common room, without being caught by Filch. He gave me a kiss before I went up to my dorm room and he went up to his and I fell asleep with a soft smile evident on my face.

****
A bit cheesy but I guess that's how a relationship works lmao