thirty

~ The love we give away is the only love we keep~
----------

~ The love we give away is the only love we keep~----------

****

I sat in the train compartment with Mary and Lily. Alice was with Frank and Marlene and Dorcas had been looking for sweets for half an hour.

I didn't sit with the boys because I had been avoiding Sirius since the new year. I couldn't get rid of the feeling of butterflies in my stomach and the warmth in my chest when I thought of the moment when we sat on the balcony.

I was more than confused about my feelings for him. I always felt comfortable around him, I always had the feeling that we had known each other forever and he was one of the people I trusted the most ever since I met him. But it was wrong to feel that way about him when I was with Calix. I had feelings for Calix, I was sure of it. But then why does it feel better with Sirius? It feels so wrong, yet so right.

"Talea?"

"Huh?" my head snapped up and I was pulled out of my thoughts. I didn't even noticed that Mary tried to speak to me as I was deep in thought.

Lily looked at me, her eyebrows raised "What the hell is wrong with you? You've been so weird lately."

"Sorry, I've just been thinking about some stuff, what was the question?"

"I asked if you want to play exploding snap cards with us."

"Oh, no thank you, I'll try to find Calix."

I opened the door and rushed out of the compartment before they could answer and made my way through the corridors, looking through the small windows in the doors to find Calix. I found him sitting in a compartment with the same blonde girl he left with after we said goodbye at Kings Cross.

I knocked at the door and stepped in.

"Hello Talea" He stood up, wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

I mumbled a soft "Hey" and pulled myself out of his arms.

He smiled and I looked over at the blonde girl. Her hair was falling onto her shoulders in soft curls and she had piercing blue eyes. She smiled at me but her eyes flickered down to Calix arm that was placed around my waist and she frowned a little.

"Talea, this is Adelina Harding, Adelina this is Talea Lupin."

I smiled at her and said "Nice to meet you, Adelina."

"Nice to meet you too, you can call me Elina."

I spent the rest of my train journey with them. Adelina was in seventh year, like Calix, but in Slytherin. They met in fourth year and had been good friends ever since. I liked her, she had a good sense of humour and was a nice person, but I didn't miss the looks she gave Calix and me nor the little bit of jealousy in her eyes.