seventy-three

~this is who we are; a product of war~
----------

****

This is filler, don't expect something big :)

****

It's been a few days. While Remus James and Peter were visiting the hospital so often in the past days, that they would be greeted by the healers as soon as they'd enter, Talea never left his side. 

The hospital room was plain and white, there was one window but it was facing north, so the sun couldn't been seen. The window was open a soft breeze wafted through the curtains and Talea watched as a single crow settled in a tree near the window. 

Her hand was clasped around Sirius'. His hands felt cold under her skin, distressing cold. Usually, Sirius held a warmth that could not be described. His frequent laughter warmed her heart anew each time, his aura was like a warm flame that always brought some light and warmth even in dark and cold times. 

But now his hand hung limply in hers. No laughter was heard and nothing could keep the dark veil from her. Again and again, she looked for a sign that he was waking up again, but there was nothing. 

Suddenly, she realised how much she loved Sirius Black. She couldn't bare see him in this state, it broke her heart. No, it shattered it into pieces. When she noticed the tingling feeling around Sirius a few years ago, she was scared. Scared of falling in love with his laughter, with his caring personality but now she knew that it was the best thing that ever happened to her. She wasn't falling, she was flying. 

But it wasn't only the good things, she accepted him fully. Every part of his soul. She accepted his mistakes and his dark side; she accepted his past and would go with him in the future. She didn't just saw the good in him, she saw everything. Because if you do not dare touch the thorn, you are not worth the rose.

The door was pushed open and Remus entered. Talea looked up at his scarred face, he looked tired and something bothered him but Talea couldn't tell what. They were at war, there are many things that could bother you. 

Remus sat down in a chair in front of the hospital bed. "Has he been already awake yet?" 

Talea shook her head "No, are you alright? You look worse than usual." 

He gave her a fake smile "Thanks" and slumped back in his chair "Eloise has to go into hiding." 

Talea nodded her head in thought "Yeah, I guess it was only a question of time. Is she still practising her powers?" 

Remus nodded "Yes, Dumbledore sends some kind of teacher to her every few days." 

"Will you stay with her or will you stay at your place?"