twenty-seven

~ All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them ~
----------

~ All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them ~----------

****

I was awakened by the sun light shining through the window onto my bed. I was just about to turn around and go back to sleep when I realised what a day it was. I jumped straight out of bed, put on a jumper and scurried out of my dorm room and down the stairs. I rushed up the stairs to the boy's dormitory's and pushed the door open.

I honestly didn't even know what time it was, but all four boys were still asleep in their beds.
I walked over to the windows and opened the curtains, so sun light would fill the dark room. I got a few insults in response but they didn't bother me as I walked over to Sirius' bed.

"Happy Birthday Padfoot!"

With this sentence, the black-haired boy jumped up and a grin spread across his face.

"It's my birthday bitches! I'm seventeen!"

I giggled and engulfed him in a hug. James and Remus jumped out of their beds and joined the hug while Peter mumbled something like "Happy Birthday" but turned around to sleep again.

James pulled himself out of our arms and turned to Sirius. "Happy Birthday old man, one question. You are an adult now, does that mean you're going to act like one?"

I swear I saw a tiny bit of fear flicker in his eyes. I swear these boys are so dramatic.

"Was that an insult? How can you say something like that, Prongs?" Sirius put a hand over his heart and gasped.

James grinned and replied "One would think that you would be able to do that. I can already see you living in a small, old and dirty apartment, house to house, in a decaying street with screaming children and-"

"Eww, stop it James, that's disgusting, if I ever end up like that, please kill me."

"I would be honoured." Remus and I just looked at each other and sighed witch matching grins on our face.

The conversation was fortunately interrupted when an owl knocked on the window. I got up and removed the letter with a small parcel from the owl's leg and gave it to Sirius
"The letter is addressed to you, it's from the Potter's."

Sirius accepted the package with a smile and opened it. His eyes widened and he sat there in shock. I looked at James and Remus, silently asking whether they knew what was in the box. But they just looked like didn't knew either.

"What is it?" asked Remus.

Sirius didn't answer and opened the letter instead. He read the lines with such speed that I wondered if he could read anything at all. His eyes filled with tears as he placed the letter on his bed.

James began to get anxious and repeated Remus question, "What is it?"

He gave us the letter and the three of us started reading it carefully.

Dear Sirius,
Happy Birthday! It is a tradition to give your firstborn son his father's watch when he turns 17. You may not be our biological son but you have been part of our family since James first mentioned you in one of his letters. We hope you'll like it!
We love you very much,
Mum & Dad

Sirius turned his attention back to the box and took out an old watch. James' eyes widened and he beamed. This was not just any watch; this was the same watch that Mr Potter always wore around his wrist. James leaned down to Sirius and whispered, "It's traditional, you're part of the family."

I smiled, maybe some traditions weren't that bad at all.

We've celebrated his birthday later that evening, I was pretty sure everyone had fun, the thing is that no one remembered anything the next day because everyone got wasted and had a huge hangover.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was running around my room like a maniac while searching for something to wear.

Marlenes eyes followed me around the room, while she sat on her bed. "Calm down women, it's just a date, not your wedding."

"Well, tell me what to wear then!"

"Just wear jeans and a pullover." I send her a playfully glare.

"Never mind her Talls, I'm going to help you."

"Thank you, Lily."

After a few minutes I picked out an outfit and went down to the entrance hall where Calix and I had agreed to meet. I walked up to Calix who had his back turned into my direction, while staring out of one of the windows. I tapped his shoulders and he turned around with a smile.

"You look beautiful, Talea." I blushed and mumbled a quiet "Thank you" while taking his hand and pulling him outside.

We arrived at Hogsmeade and I was once again overwhelmed with the sight.

The small village was covered in snow. People walked through the streets and hurried from one shop to the next to find a warm place to stay. The snow glistened in the sun and made the whole scene look like a perfect picture.

"Where do you want to go?" asked Calix, still holding my hand. I smiled up to him and pulled him into the three broomsticks.

It was like the conversation never ran out and I really enjoyed myself. We spend the day drinking butterbeer and laughing about stories from our lives.

"Well, it seems like we're being watched" Calix laughed and waved at someone behind me.

I furrowed my brows but turned around to be me with the embarrassed faces of James Potter, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black. The latter didn't seemed fazed that he was caught staring because he waved back and send us a smile.

"Ugh, I swear these guys are so annoying sometimes. Well, no, always actually."

Calix laughed and grabbed my hand.
"Want to get out of here?"

I smirked and replied "I think you have asked me this before."

We went back into the cold, but not before I flipped the boys the finger while smirking at them.

We walked through the small village up to a snowy hill and sat down on a bench. Snow-covered trees were on top of the hill and you could see a certain building from here.

"That's the shrieking shack, some people say it's haunted."

Yes, by a sock folding,chocolate loving werewolf...

"Oh yeah, I've heard about that too."

I tried to stifle my laughter and remembered the day James told me that Sirius and he had spread this rumour to keep students away.

I turned to Calix just to see that he was already looking at me with a soft smile. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips and then up to my eyes again, as if he would ask for my permission.
I just nodded and he leaned down to connect our lips. A tingling sensation filled my stomach as I felt him smile into the kiss. He pulled away and caressed my cheek while looking into my eyes.

"I wanted to do that for a long time." I giggled and leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"Talea?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I lifted my head from his shoulder and kissed him on the lips.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~

;)