eighty-seven

~the sea speaks more honestly to those willing to drown~
----------

 ~the sea speaks more honestly to those willing to drown~ ----------

****

The school wasn't quiet anymore, just a few hours ago, the only thing you were able to hear was your own breath, now it seemed as if darkness was breathing down your neck. The faint tapping sound, Talea heard in the back of her head was overpowered by the booming sound of destruction and pain.

Gryffindors sword had never felt so heavy in her pocket, again shrunken into a size that made it possible to carry around. It was useless to split the group up, they would get noticed and that was exactly what they wanted. It was finally time to fight and stop to hiding. They followed the voices, they were able to make out, into the courtyard and there it was just as if time had stopped.

Talea was used to see a calming place, where students hung around, laughing and chatting with their friends. It was weird to see the place in such state, the fountain was destroyed, the water muddying the earth around it where bad was fighting against good.

She was able to make out a few Order members in motion, fighting against death eaters. The sun was rising and the reddish tone dipped the battlefield into a picture of destruction.

Suddenly, a green flash of light shot past her, nearly hitting her in the side, if Remus hadn't pulled her back. Talea let out a breath and looked up to Remus, giving him a thankful smile.

"You didn't saw that coming, did you?", said Remus.

She narrowed her eyes at him and simply turned back around, to the fight. With a look to the side, Talea noticed that James, Eloise and Lily were already in the middle of the courtyard.

She saw that the others were following their friends but she stayed in the corridor, hidden in the shadows and only for a second, she just stood in there and admired her friends.

Eloise hair blew in the wind, a determined expression on her face but her hands held no wand. Bright flames shot from her palms, not small and uncontrollable ones like Talea had seen on her before. No, the flames left soot and ash on everything they touched.

James and Lily were fighting against two death eaters, blocking every curse that came towards them. They stood back to back, working as if they ere one person. It seemed unbelievable that Lily had rejected James for years, no one could deny that they were soulmates.

Taleas eyes drifted to the other side, where Peter and Remus were fighting, she couldn't make out the death eaters faces as they were all hidden with silver masks. Her cousin didn't seem as reserved as he was in his whole life. Talea had noticed that in the past year, he had gained confidence and strength, just like Peter.

The smaller boy held his head high as he shot spell after spell at his opponent. The boy that nearly took his own life, when he heard that he could be the reason of all of their deaths. Talea knew that in his life he seemed to have followed the people where he would make the most gain of, when he was in their presence and this lead to him being used easily. Just like Peter himself, other people around him had made mistakes or mistreated him. But now, he had grown into his own personality and is slowly becoming the best version of himself.