twenty-six

~ Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost. Seek the lesson, and you will find yourself~
----------

 Seek the lesson, and you will find yourself~----------

****

"Good morning Talea, how are you doing on this beautiful day?"

"Good morning Grace, just wonderful and you?" It was an early Thursday evening and Professor Camplyn asked me to meet her today.

"Oh I'm fine darling. did you succeed in reading tea leaves or did you have certain dreams?"

"Well, I'm trying to read my tea leaves after breakfast but I think it's very difficult. But a few times I was able to recognise something. For example, I once saw three lines in the cup, which means change. That day something actually changed, someone around me found out a big secret that changed the relationship between the two of them."

"And what about the dreams?"

"The dreams have subsided a little but I saw something else. A friend of mine was in great danger, I foresaw it so that I could prevent something worse."

Grace eyes widened and a smile formed on her lips "That is wonderful news Talea! This is a rare gift that only some seers possess. It is very useful and you can expand it with a little work. Your powers show you when someone close to you is in need, with a little practice you can extend this circle to acquaintances as well."

Before I could say anything back, the professor stood up and moved in the direction of a crowded shelf. She pulled out several books and placed them on the table in front of me.

"These are the books you will be reading over the next few weeks as we move on to something new, crystal balls."

I felt a rush of excitement in my veins, I was always fascinated in the magic of crystal balls. But I couldn't imagine myself sitting in front of one and trying to see something like the future in it. But I got up and joined Grace at an old table which was in the corner of the divination room, surrounded by shelfs that were filled with shing crystal balls.

"I have no idea how to work with them."

"Well, that's why you're here right? I'm going to teach you how to see imagines and how to work with your third eye. Well, my notes will help you the most, because if I would be in the room, I will be a distraction especially at the beginning of your attempts. You need to be able to concentrate completely."

"What should the room be like in which I do the entire thing?"

"For beginners, it's easiest to do crystal ball gazing in a very dimmed light, although experienced crystal ball gazers can and do gaze in broad daylight and even in strong sunshine. To start with, however, we recommend that you turn out the lights, draw the curtains and light just one or two candles. Put the candles behind you, so you don't get too many reflections in the crystal ball itself."