sixty-eight

~trust the magic of new beginnings~
----------

~trust the magic of new beginnings~----------

****

A few weeks have passed since the graduation. Talea thought it was weird to never roam these halls anymore, to never see the Professors rolling their eyes at the students again and never being able to laugh at Peeves pranks again. She was sad that she couldn't sneak into the common room and talk with her friends until early in the morning. She missed the familiar smell of the Great Hall whenever the house elves served them food. She would miss her dorm room where she knew how to avoid every squeaky floorboard in order to sneak into the room without waking her dorm mates. 

Talea traced her bedsheets with her fingertips. The soft material felt so familiar, yet so strange. It was as if lives had passed since she was last here, in the house of her parents. She had spent the last few weeks with them but it was once again time to change the constants in her life. She would move in with Sirius today. 

He's living in an apartment in the middle of muggle London, in an old apartment building from the 1920's. Talea told him that she would move in soon, she just wanted to spent some time with her family again. Maybe it was because she missed them, maybe because she wanted to see a familiar part of her live again or maybe it was because she was well aware that the war could take the lives of her family. 

Her father knocked at the doorframe and snapped her out of her trance. She turned around to see a small smile on his face while his eyes travelled over her luggage. 

"I swear that it was just yesterday that you proudly told me that you don't need a man and now you're moving in with your boyfriend? I thought I told you not to tell lies." 

She chuckled and let herself fall into the warm embrace of her father "I still don't need a man dad but he's part of my happiness and I wouldn't want to lose that. "

He sighed and send her a small smile but his lips slowly turned into a frown and his eyes narrowed "But remember what I told you, do not get pregnant before turning-" 

"I won't" Talea interrupted hastily "I'm not quite ready to have a little demon running around my house yet." 

"Does that mean that you don't want kids? But I wanted grandchildren!" he threw his hands up in a dramatic way while watching Talea running down the steps to get away from the conversation. 

She was sitting in the kitchen, eating self-made cookies with her mother when the flames of the fireplace lit up. Sirius coughed before stepping out of the fireplace and dusting his robes off. He looked up and immediately smiled when he saw Talea walking towards him with a grin. 

She hugged him and intertwined their hands while kissed her once before whispering "Hello love, missed me?"

She raised a brow "Why would I?"