thirty-four

~pain grows if you don't grow from the pain~
----------

~pain grows if you don't grow from the pain~----------

****

"Sirius! Sirius stop chasing Peter!" shouted an amused Lily, she got a little closer to the boys since she shared Remus' secret with us.

Lily, Peter, Sirius and I were on our way to the secret tunnel that led into the cellar of the Hogs Head.
It was James' birthday today and we were trying to sneak alcohol into his and Remus's party while I forced the Prewett twins to distract them.

I grinned at the sight of Sirius in dog form chasing Peter's human form.

Lily also came along, to Sirius' and Peter's surprise, but I was actually not that surprised about it, because the redhead likes to do a bit of mischief every now and then.

Sirius and I hadn't kissed since Valentine's day, but we both knew how we felt about each other. In the evenings, we usually spent time in the common room, in front of the fire, his arms wrapped around my waist and my back resting against his chest as we talked about anything.
At the moment we didn't need more than to know that the other felt the same way, when the time was right, we would hopefully be more than just friends. But I didn't mind taking things slow.

I laughed when the black dog jumped onto Peters back and the smaller boy fell onto his knees trying to stop the Animagus from licking his face "Padfoot, come here! Be a good boy and stop chasing the rat, he's not worth it."
The dog turned around and ran up to me, his tail wiggling as I petted him. We arrived at the tunnel and see if anyone was watching us before we went inside.

Lily was a little reluctant about stealing alcohol from the cellar and left a few galleons behind but had her fun. Lately it seemed like she might even tolerate James' presence and I was sure that if I told James about Lily stealing alcohol for his and Remus' birthday party, he would throw a fit, even if her excuse was that she was only doing it for Remus.

We sneaked into the common room where the girls and a few people from the quidditch team decorated the walls. 

"Salut mes amis!" exclaimed Sirius while placing a few bottles of Firewhisky on a table.

"When are Remus and James coming back?" asked Lily.

Mary walked up to us and replied "There'll be back in a few minutes, the rest will be here in a moment."

After a while, more and more people from all the houses came into the already full common room. Sirius even invited Regulus and his friend Evan Rosier, because he wanted his brother to get along with his friends. 

The door to the common room opened again and the twins came in laughing with James and Remus.

"Happy Birthday!"

It took me a while to make my way to the two of them, as everyone wanted to congratulate them, and I pulled the two of them out of the commotion so that their best friends could also congratulate the pair.