twenty-five

~ I feel like I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen~
----------

~ I feel like I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen~----------

****

A few days passed since Slughorns party. Calix and I just walked through the castle instead of going to Madame Pomfrey. It turned out to be a good evening after all and we had a lot of fun. He was one of the kindest people I had ever met and I admired him for his kind heart. I was very drawn to him and spending more and more time with him didn't stop that.

But I asked myself if I wanted more than friendship. A slight tingling in my stomach was always noticeable when he was near me, as well as a grin on my face. So, it was no big surprise that I went for a walk with him at the black lake again.

The sun was slowly setting and filled the Hogwarts grounds with a warm and calming atmosphere.

Calix pulled me down next to him, his back leaning on a big oak tree. I told him about my day and turned around to look at him with a frown when he didn't answered a question that I asked him a few seconds ago.

But instead of an uninterested face I was met with his calming brown eyes that stared directly into mine. I was still a little confused and asked softly "What is it?"

But he just replied calmly "Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me?"

I blinked, shocked and asked "Like a date?"

"Like a date."

I blushed and turned around to the black lake, trying to hide it even if I was pretty sure that he already saw my red cheeks. I chuckled nervously and replied with a simple "Sure."

There was a heavy silence when Calix started to chuckle and just when I asked myself if I did something wrong, he said between a laugh "This is so awkward; can we please stop sitting in silence like this?"

I laughed at that and laid my head onto his shoulder to admire the sunset.

****

I rushed up the staircase that led to the girls' dorms and threw the door open with a bang.

"Holy shit Talea, you're going to get me killed if you don't stop scaring me like that!" I giggled at Marlenes dramatics and leaned against the door frame to catch my breath.

"What is it? You can't just give me a heart attack and then act like you didn't just smashed the door with the door handle" exclaimed Lily.

I turned to the wall and saw that I had indeed smashed a minor dent in it. I grinned and turned to the five girls in my dorm room who looked at me expectingly. "Calm down guys, I just wanted to tell you that I have my first date with Calix this weekend."

Before I could react in any way, I was already pulled into the middle of the room, Dorcas had already slammed the door shut and I was bombarded with questions.