sixty-two

~ pain is real but so is hope~
----------

~ pain is real but so is hope~----------

****

Whether Talea liked it or not, she had to continue working with Dumbledore.... It was the only way to stand a chance against Voldemort. That's why she has planned some things in the past few weeks that had to be done. She knew that she wouldn't like the outcome but this was not about her feelings, it was about what was right. 

There is no darkness coming anymore, it is already there. Darkness has already stretched his cold and pale fingers over the world, pulling a dark blanket over it making it seem like there was no light left. There is no light without darkness but darkness cannot exist with light. Darkness only comes when everything else is gone, darkness is nothing- but then darkness is everything. 

Darkness has no meaning without light, so there has to be something left of the light that everyone seems to be searching, there has to be a few little holes in the blanket that let the light through. There has to be hope. Talea couldn't find the hope in her classmates whose faces were scrunched up with worry and fear when they were walking alone through the empty hallways of the school. But she could find the hope when their eyes lit up as soon as they saw the familiar faces of their friends, she saw hope when she caught sixth years helping a first year up that tripped over his feet. She saw hope when she heard the laughter and chatter of her own friends, sitting at the table in the great hall because hope was found in the bond of the people, in their laughter and in their fears. The darkness made them stick together, it made them turn on their own lights, it made them realise how you can turn on your own light even in the darkest of times. 

"Come on Reggie, don't be so grumpy!"

"Yeah, tell us more about her!" whined Sirius. Talea and him tried to annoy his younger brother with questions about the certain Ravenclaw, needless to say they succeeded. 

Regulus tried to hide his blush behind one of the books "Stop asking questions, there is nothing going on between us, we're just friends." 

"Then why are you blushing?" smirked Talea, making Regulus even more flustered while Sirius fist bumped her under the library table. 

"Just give us her name" Sirius started to smirk, making Regulus nervous "Or we'll have to ask her ourself." 

"No!" Regulus let his book fall onto the table with a loud thumb. "Her name is Eira, alright? Are you happy now?" 

Talea giggled excitedly and leaned her chin onto her propped up hand, swinging her feet under the table "Have you guys kissed already?" Sirius smiled at his girlfriend while Regulus eyes widened "Shut up, I swear you two are so annoying!" 

Talea gasped and looked over Regulus shoulder, an excited grin forming on her lips. She started to slap Sirius arm making him let out a grunt of pain "What's wrong with you sometimes?" She pointed at a person that entered the library, making Sirius smirk.