twenty-nine

~ It's not the stars that hold our destiny but ourselves ~
----------

~ It's not the stars that hold our destiny but ourselves ~----------

****

I was sitting in my room, my floor covered with papers and notes. The only source of light was the warm flame of a few candles that were placed all over the room. I sat on the floor, my hands placed on a crystal ball, my mind focused on my breathing.

I was trying to see what the future holds I was focusing my mind not just for an hour or a day, no rather a few months, the next year maybe. I let my sight blur and relax, smoke started to form inside the crystal ball. A cloud slowly formed, but I could not see any people or places, only a colour. This was another type of visions that I tried to learn.

The cloud was slowly starting to turn from a stormy grey into a gold colour. Gold clouds symbolise renewed romance to come. Renewed? I was just asking myself why I needed a new romance when I had just started dating someone when the colour changed. The gold faded into a darker colour until it was pitch black. Black clouds symbolise danger.

I snapped out of my trance, breathing heavily, trying to shake of the cold and empty that I felt when the colour changed. My train of thoughts was interrupted by a doorbell.

I quickly opened my curtains; the room was immediately brightened by sunshine while I blew out the candles and collected as much as I could from the floor.

"Talea, your friends have arrived!"

I stumbled down the stairs and a bright smile made its way to my face when I saw Lily and Marlene standing in the kitchen. I ran up to them and hugged them tightly.

"Ugh I missed you so much."

"It has been four days Talea, I knew that you'll miss me, I mean who wouldn't, but that much?"

"Shut up Marlene, I was talking about Lily."

Marlene gasped and pretended to be offended while Lily just smirked at her and replied "See, I always told you that I'm the favourite."

"Why would you argue about tha-"

"Let's go to your room."

****

Marlene, Lily and I were sitting in the kitchen, eating cookies my mother made this morning, when an owl knocked at the window.

"Would you look at that, Mr.' My ego is as big as the big ben' has decided to finally write me a letter."

Marlene chuckled and bit into her cookie mumbling something to Lily that made the red head role her eyes even though she was smirking.

Dear Shadow,
Life without you is a cat-astrophe, furgive me for not writing sooner.