fifty-five

~be gentle with yourself you're doing the best you can~
----------

~be gentle with yourself you're doing the best you can~----------

****

Talea was still shaken by the recent incident, her minds kept drifting off, imagining what could've happen if she wouldn't have made it in time. Life has a funny way of teaching us what matters. Life creates deep sadness, so we would truly understand happiness. It would create chaos to make us appreciate the peaceful times. And sometimes life will take away people from us to make us understand what their presence meant to us. Life took a part from Peter away that day, from us all. He's changed, you could see it in his eyes, you could hear it in his voice and you could taste it in the bitterness of his cries. He's not the same, and he's never coming back.

She felt bad, they all did. Why didn't they show him how much he matters, to them and to so many more. It was these times when Talea realised how short live could be, how important it is to appreciate the people around you. But life gave them another chance, a chance to make things right, a chance to show the boy that he matters.

Her gaze travelled around the messy dorm, it was unusually quiet and no one dared to say a word. Her back leaned against Sirius chest while his hand brushed trough her. Talea watched Peter leaning on the end of his back, twiddling his fingers in his pale hands, while his reddened eyes drifted over everything in the dorm room, in order to prevent meeting his friends' eyes. "Peter?" whispered Talea.

His eyes slowly travelled up to meet hers, his look glassy and opaque. "I'm happy that you're still here." A simple sentence that meant so much to him.

His hands started to shake slightly when he muttered "You have to believe me, I 'don't want to be this monster."

"We know, and you're not, you'll never be Pete" said Remus, his eyebrows furrowed and his head tilted slightly when he looked at the blonde boy.

"Why? Don't you remember what Talea saw?" asked the boy, he sounded exhausted.

"Because you're strong and brave for fighting against becoming this person" answered Remus honestly.

Peter scoffed "I tried to kill myself Moony, I'm everything but brave." James got up from his place on the bed and walked over to where Peter sat, he placed himself next to him and said "Listen Peter, your past has made you who you are today but don't let that be an excuse not to move on. Don't let this be a reason not to grow happy."

Sirius hand travelled from her hair down to her hand, brushing his fingers over her arm in process. He nodded his head and looked up to James and Peter "Yeah, life goes on, even if it feels like it never will."

Peter nodded and mumbled "I'm sorry." Talea placed an excusing kiss on Sirius cheek when she stood up and crouched down next to the blonde boy, pulling him into an embrace "Don't be, we are the ones who should be sorry for not making sure that you know how much you matter" she rubbed his back and whispered "We love you Pete, promise to never do this again."