sixty

~it seemed so perfect, but it ended so soon~
-----------

~it seemed so perfect, but it ended so soon~-----------

****

Sturgis Podmore was the victim of another attack. He and his family were on a boat, sailing on a lake when suddenly death eaters appeared out of nowhere. They set the boat on fire when they were in the middle of the lake. The only way out was apparating, his wife and his son made it out in time but he had to watch how the death eaters took his barely a few months old daughter with them, disappearing behind the flames. The Order is currently searching for her and nobody knew why they took her. 

The attack was nagging on Talea's mind, scratching out every other thought. She had to do something, Dumbledore had to do something, anyone had to do something. It was a message, if Voldemort would want his victim's death, they would be. It was a sign, there had to be people to witness the horrible attacks, their stories would make his death eaters even more feared. But this couldn't be the only reason why.

"Remember to set a fire." 

"Why?"

"They'll know." 

Talea got a message from Dumbledore, he wants to meet her and a few others in his office. That's why the group of seven, consisting of the marauders, Lily and Regulus were once again standing in front of the familiar wooden door. Talea knocked and pushed the door open after Dumbledore told them to come in. The headmaster sat at his desk, that was filled with papers and other stuff, watching them enter his office. 

"Nice to see you all." They replied with short 'Hello's and sat down somewhere in the room. 

"I have news that thought it might interest you all." He walked over to his desk and pulled a small veil out of a drawer. He held it up and continued "This is basilisk venom." 

Talea straightened her posture, suddenly very interested "Does that mean that we can destroy the Horcruxes now?" Dumbledore nodded and replied "We need some sort of weapon that is made from goblins."

Remus looked over to a cabinet "Isn't the Gryffindor sword made from goblins?" Dumbledore nodded and walked over to the sword "Yes, I already thought that this might be the best weapon to use." He pulled it out carefully and placed it onto the desk, pulling out the veil again. 

"Is that enough venom for the Horcruxes?" asked Peter with a frown. The Professor replied "It should be enough for the sword but I'm not completely certain" he opened the veil and spread the liquid evenly over the entire sword with the help of his wand. 

He walked through a door that was next to the office and appeared a few moments later, holding two boxes in his hands. He placed them onto the desk and opened them, revealing the diary in one of the boxes and Gaunts ring in the other. He looked over to Talea "I want you to do it- I want you to destroy them." 

Talea looked at the sword that Dumbledore held into her direction, she slowly stretched out her hands, feeling the cold metal under her fingers when her hands gripped the sword. Dumbledore walked behind the desk when she asked "What will happen to me?" 

He stopped in his tracks and turned around slowly. She continued "Bound to evil when she reaches her sixteenth year", remember?" 

Dumbledore nodded, he pursed his lips and looked up to the girl "I don't know Talea." 

Sirius scoffed "Sir, by all means but why would you let her do it if you don't even know what will happen to her. What if she dies?"

"It's okay Sirius, I'll do it-" 

Dumbledore held up a hand to silence her "We know that Voldemort has at least one Horcrux left, she won't get seriously injured." Sirius furrowed his brows in anger, wanting to complain but he was cut off by the sound of the Gryffindor sword hitting the metal of the Gaunts ring.

Talea let out a cry of pain. Like a jolt of electricity, the pain shot through her nerves, filling every part of her body with a feeling of agony. Her knees buckled and she couldn't even feel her knees hitting the floor. Sirius was immediately next to her, supporting her body so she wouldn't collapse on the ground.

She took a deep breath and tried to get rid of the nauseous feeling that clouded her head. She let out a groan and pressed one hand onto her scar. "Well, Voldemort definitely knows that someone destroyed a Horcrux now." 

Sirius helped her up and pressed a soft kiss onto her forehead. She turned around and took the sword in her hands again. "Wait- are you sure that you don't want to take a break or something?" asked James.

She shook her head and looked up to the silent Professor once, before pushing the sword into Riddle's diary. And once again, the unbearable pain made her crouch down in pain, it felt like the skin on her arm was being ripped off. She tried to steady her breathing once again. She clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palm until she felt blood dripping out of it. She concentrated on the pain that she made, wanting to control the pain. 

Her friends watched Talea's pain in worry, it made them feel bad that they were not able to help her. While Dumbledore just watched with no emotions visible on his face. 

She stood up once again, gripping Sirius arm tightly. Her eyesight still seemed to be a little bit blurry and her head was pounding. Sirius pulled her to sit down next to him while her head rested on his shoulder. 

Dumbledore send them a last glance before turning to Lily "Do you have any information on Slughorns memories?" She looked to the ground, her cheeks turning slightly red "No sir, James and I tried but he really doesn't want to give them to us." She looked up to him and continued "I don't think that we're able to get them." 

Dumbledore leaned back onto the table and replied "Yeah, I expected that but that is no need to give up-" he was interrupted by the door being pushed open harshly. 

To everyone's surprise Eloise rushed up to Dumbledore's table, banging her fist onto the wood. Anger, worry or panic flashed across her eyes, there were to many emotions to pick up one. Talea didn't know if Eloise didn't saw them or simply choose to ignore them but her blue eyes were fixed on Dumbledore's. 

"He did it again Dumbledore! Elphias Dodge was attacked by death eaters and guess what?! They set a fire in his house but do you know what the difference is between him and the other attacks? He died! He was burned to death." 

Dumbledore laid a hand on her arm but she pushed it off rather harshly "You need to calm down Eloise." Her eyebrows furrowed in anger. The dark circles under her eyes have gotten bigger, it seemed like any colour has vanished from her face, causing her to look sickly pale. 

"Calm down?! You have to do something! It's going to far Dumbledore! A man died. All because of me!"