seventy-six

~betrayal is a horrible thing~
----------

~betrayal is a horrible thing~----------

****

Dumbledore's funeral was on a sunny day, Talea thought it was a bit ironic to watch hundreds of people mourn the old man while the sun was smiling at them. She couldn't get herself to cry as she was still confused and angry at the man, it didn't matter if he was dead or not. 

Of course, Dumbledore was a well-known man and a great headmaster. The fact that he was called the greatest wizard of all time did not appear out of nowhere. But it seemed like the man had valued thing he didn't possess himself which annoyed Talea truly. 

And while she tried to contain her bad thoughts about the dead man, she listened to the sound of people crying and felt darkness raise again and again. Dumbledore's death was a risky game with death and while she watched the saddened crowd, she made a promise that his death and all the other deaths that would follow, wouldn't be in vain. 

****

An uneasy feeling settled in Talea's body as she placed a flask of amorentia onto the table in front of her. She had felt it all day, it started as soon as she woke up and it still didn't leave when she arrived at the Department of Mysteries. 

Her thoughts were able to wander as she worked in the love chamber. She was alone at her table and no one seemed to talk in this room, as if they tried not to fall for the consuming smell of the potion. She had this feeling whenever something was about to go wrong, whenever danger was near. The thing about it was that she never knew exactly what it was. 

At first, she had assumed another attack but the feeling was different than the last times. It was bigger than an attack but what could it be? They had gotten more and more frequent since Dumbledore's death, more people died and the Order had barely time to take a breath. It was exhausting. 

After a few hours of working, she decided to take a small break and walked back to the hall of prophecies, before slipping into the secret passage that led to her office. 

Camila sat in her chair, looking over some papers and her head snapped up as Talea entered the room. "Ah, taking a break I see? I hate working in the love room, I think I don't have enough self-discipline to stop myself from getting lost in the smell of amorentia." 

Talea let out a small laugh and let herself fall into the chair opposite from Camila. "You're right, you're self-discipline is barely existing. " 

"Now that's just rude little seer, I don't know why you would say that" the witch huffed and folded her arms in front of her chest. 

Talea grinned "You can barely get yourself to walk over to the coffee machine that is one step away from your desk and it's probably the only thing you would smell in your amorentia." When she asked Camila why she was doing it the muggle way, the witch only shrugged and said that it tastes way better.