twelve

~ A friend is the hope of the heart~
----------

~ A friend is the hope of the heart~----------

****

It was a Saturday evening when I was sitting with the rest of the marauders in their dorm room. After the last night James, Remus and I collected some ideas to implement our plan before deciding to tell Sirius and Peter.

"So, you want to find a way to track everyone in the school?" asked Sirius with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Yes" replied Remus, James and I at the same time.

"Peter looked up and said "Isn't that a little bit creepy, I mean it's like stalkin-"
but before he could finish his sentence Sirius interrupted him by saying "I'm in, it's an awesome idea, we would never be in detention again because no one saw us and with the invisibility cloak it's like being the master of pranks and then..."

Sirius was still rambling while I got up to get a piece of parchment. "Remus and I thought a map would be useful, we just need someone to design it."

"I can do it" Peter piped in.

I was quite surprised when I found out that Peter was quite good in drawing and design, so I nodded happily.

We spend the night drawing sketches of the school and searching for possible spells to put our plan into action but we would have to go to the library so we decided to do that tomorrow.

****

"I'm not going into the library, to study spells. Do I look like Evans or Moony?" argued Sirius.

"Hey, don't talk about Lilyflower that way but back to what Sirius said I agree" James said.

"Sirius, James, we need your help in there and I guess that Lily would be very impressed when she would see you there." Remus explained and I smirked.

"Okay I'm in. Come on Padfoot I won't go without youuuu." James whined.

"You betrayed me for Evans? I thought I was your true love!"

"Oh no his dramatic side is coming out again." Remus mumbled and pulled an arguing James into the library as I did the same with Sirius.
Peter joined us later on and we were huddled in a quiet corner around a table searching for charms.

****

It was a quite difficult task to get the school perfectly mapped out because we needed to get access to most of the rooms in Hogwarts to get the shapes and sizes of the rooms. It was quite the advantage that we already knew the castle like the back of our hands. But we were quite proud when we finished the map and started to work on the spells to track everyone in the caste.

The Homonculous Charm is a charm that, when cast onto a map, will enable its possessor to track the movements of every person in the mapped area, through labelled dots that move around the parchment.

I managed to learn that spell quite quickly as my strongest subject was charms. As soon as I said the incantation black dots appeared on the map with several names on it.

I gasped "It worked!"

"Dear Godric we did it!" Sirius exclaimed and pulled us in a group hug.

We decided to work on the design in the next few days but Remus Birthday was in a few days and we started to prepare a surprise party for him. I was just walking back from the owlery because I wrote a letter to my parents, asking them to send me Remus favourite chocolate and a book he wanted to read, when I ran into something... or better someone.

"Oi, watch where you going young lady." snickered a red headed, tall boy as he helped me up.

"Seems like the ladies are falling for you, Fabian" snickered someone.

I looked up to see another redhead who looked similar to the other one.

"Uh sorry I wasn't looking where I was going."

"No worries dear, I'm Fabian Prewett and that's my brother Gideon."

I shook their hands and introduced myself. I already knew them because we were in the same Quidditch team but we never really spoke to each other. They were quite funny and pleasant to be around. I think I would definitely spend more time with them in the future.

****

It was the morning of Remus birthday and I ran up to the boy's dorm. I already heard their laughter in the hallways and smiled as I opened the door.

"Happy Birthday Remmie!" I ran up to him to engulf him in a hug.

"Thanks."

As we went down for breakfast, we ran into the Prewett twins and I pulled them down to breakfast so we could eat together. We didn't have any lessons as it was the weekend so we spent our afternoon at black lake with Marlene, Alice and surprisingly Lily who was also there so she could spend time with Remus on his birthday.

Me and the girls were in our dorm to get ready for the party.

"This outfit or that outfit?" Marlene pointed at two outfits.

"That one."

"Don't get too drunk you two, I don't want to hold your hair tomorrow" Lily said in a fake motherly tone.

Marlene and I looked at each other and smirked.

"We would never."

"Pff, how could you assume such thing?"

I was wearing white bellbottoms with a dark orange shirt that was slightly unbuttoned while my hair was in its natural waves.

We went downstairs to see a filled common room with party decorations. I went over to James and Sirius.

"When will Peter and Remus arrive?"

They turned around and James answered" They should be here any minute" while Sirius looked me up and down and said "Not as pretty as me but acceptable enough to be seen with me".

I laughed but suddenly a boy came running into the common room and yelled "They're coming!" We turned out the lights and hid behind the furniture as the door opened.

Peter and Remus walked through the door as we jumped up and yelled "Suprise!".

Gideon and Fabian and I were trying convince Lily that Mrs. Norris is actually Filch's wife who is just an Animagus, so she could constantly be around him and punish students... she didn't really believed it but I was still very convinced.

"That's why she always looks like she understands Filch and she just has a weird obsession with punishing children." I exclaimed while the twins were nodding enthusiastically. Lily just laughed and shook her head.

****

I woke up with a huge headache the next morning. I have no memories on the time after the conversation with Lily, I just knew that I had too much drinks. I looked around the room and chuckled when I saw a sign with "Dumble" on the door.

Well, at least I know a little bit more about what I did yesterday. I spend the day in the common room just like everyone else who had a hungover.