eighty-one

~Play to your strengths. If you aren't great at something, do more of what you're great at -Jason Lemkin~

----------

again, imagine a gif right here, please -.-

****

There was a short silence as the Black brother's grinned at each other. But then Remus finally decided to break it and muttered "What the fuck?"

James pointed at Regulus with his eyes wide open and his mouth agape "The last time I checked, you were dead." 

"Hell was quite boring, so I decided to come back as a crow" Regulus stated in a bored tone and grabbed an apple, before leaning onto the kitchen counter, next to his brother. 

"Really?" Peter asked flabbergasted. 

Talea chuckled and shook her head "No, he has never been dead, we have planned this... all of this."

"Even that the death eaters would snatch you?" asked Lily as if not believing her, her face covered in shock. 

"Even that the death eaters would snatch me" Talea repeated, her eyes fixed on the ground, her voice distant. 

Remus brushed a hand through his hair as if he had copied James habit "I think you guys have some explaining to do." 

And so they explained everything.

Talea repeated the story of what had happend as they searched for the Slytherin locket, she repeated it sentence by sentence, word by word. It was as if she had memorized the story, like she had been told what to say.

The truth is, she did. The three of them had planned what she should tell Dumbledore, well the first part was true but at some point, they started to change the reality of what had truly happened that night.

The boat hit the surface and Sirius was quick to jump out "Get out now!" He held out a hand for Talea as she followed his movements. Regulus stepped out of the boat quickly and watched as it vanished into the water once again. He let out an exhausted sigh and turned towards the others "We did it-"

And that was it. There was no Inferni that pulled Regulus into the water, there were no screams that followed, only a few cheers. Just a simple "We did it." After they arrived safely on land, they walked back into the cave where they had started and they said their goodbyes. 

But the others wanted to know more "How and why?" was what they've asked. It was a simple plan and yet no one had found out, only Dumbledore at the end of his days. And that was exactly what they had wanted, they couldn't risk to let anyone know, instead they would put Regulus in even more danger. 

Regulus wanted Voldemort's end, he helped them find the Horcrux and he even helped them destroy it. But he wanted more, even though Sirius and Talea were convinced that he was already in great danger, he had wanted more. 

Talea was connected to Voldemort, she was able to get bits and pieces out of his life and sometimes, she could even feel strong emotions but it wasn't enough to know his plans. The only thing there were missing, was a spy. 

Regulus could have told them what they said in death eater meetings, he could have told them a few of Voldemort's plans. But it wasn't enough, it wasn't enough to time to react. And maybe Voldeomort would have gotten suspicious at some point, he would have checked his ranks for traitors and he would have found one. 

But when Regulus learned what his Patronous was, it was just perfectly fitting into their plan.

Who would notice a black crow sitting on a windowsill if you don't look for it? Who would suspect that a crow is listening to every word Voldemort said? And even if Voldemort would have gotten suspicious and checked his ranks, there was no traitor, there was no one that spilled his plans.