eighty-nine

~time is everything we have and don't ~
-----------

~time is everything we have and don't ~ -----------

****

Talea couldn't quite remember how she got into this situation but it was not as if she could just hold in for a second to remember. She was dazzled by the light of the spells that repeatedly flashed up and clashed against each other.

Her opponent was the said to be darkest wizard of all times, she should have been scared, she should have felt something but there was nothing. Talea had never fought in a battle that was so hard, yet so easy, so destructive but yet so calm.

They were moving across the courtyard in front of the big doors that lead into Hogwarts castle, the bridge not far away from them. Talea had thought this battle, the battle she had feared like nothing else in her life, would find a quick end. But it didn't seemed like it would happen any time soon, she knew that she wasn't doing her best, she knew that she was able to do so much more, to fight back and attack. She had her reasons why she took her time but Voldemort? She had never fought against him before but this couldn't be it, this couldn't be the best he was able to do. It was as if he was only sending spell after spell but not intending to kill her. If he would really wanted to, she would have been dead as soon as she stepped out of the shadows.

"What are you playing at?" her voice cut through the cold air.

She blocked a spell that he threw aimlessly at her and as he stepped closer, she took a step back, it was like a never ending dance.

"What do you mean?" His voice seemed to be just as empty as his heart.

She flicked her wrist and a red beam of light shot forwards but he blocked it, just like all the other harmless spells she threw at him. "You're not even trying to kill me. "

"Is that what you want? Your own death?" now it was his turn to hit a spell at her and she blocked it again, already sending the next spell towards him.

"No but if you would want my dead, I would long be gone by now."

Talea wasn't able to see the look on his face, as she blocked his curse and send another towards him. "Oh you don't even know how I want to see the light leaving your eyes while your body lifelessly falls to the ground." There was a small pause where he hit another spell in her direction" But I like to play with my toys before I watch them burn."

She shuddered at his words but kept the dance of life or death going, "You're a psychopath."

"To be honest, I prefer creative."

This thing in front of her eyes was only causing confusion in her already tired-getting head. But she reminded herself to keep on fighting, she had to keep this going, at least until the snake was dead.

The sky was dark as the clouds hung low. Slowly, the rain came crashing down on earth, the coldness soaked her clothes and now every step she took was matched by a splashing sound.