fifty-four

~find beauty in the unseen and forgotten, sometimes we forget little things in life~
----------

Tw; suicide attempt (You can skip the chapter if you want to, look at the authors note to see what happened)

****

The past days were a mess. Talea felt guilty that she burdened the others with her visions. She would spend her days looked away behind the heavy doors of the Room of Requirement, silent tears leaving a black trail on her cheeks, streaming down her face. She spent her days trying to get rid of the empty feeling in her chest, occasionally looking through the schoolwork her cousin would bring her. Sometimes she would take a look at the crystal ball that laid in a corner of the room. She didn't dare touch it anymore, she did once but it only left her with more questions and anger towards her ability.

"Did you do it?" asked a feminine voice.

"Yes" replied the dark-haired boy, leaning his body against a wooden desk. "Alvah, you don't think your parents would mind introducing me to some of their pureblood friends, right?"

The blonde girl tilted her head "No, I don't think so Tom. Tell me, why are you with me? Is it because of me, or because of my powerful family?"

Tom stepped closer to her, grabbing her hands. "Because of you darling, do you really think I would use you for your family?" She frowned and didn't seem very convinced but the slight rising of his voice made her shrink back "No, no I was just asking."

He smirked proudly "There you go, you know that I love you, right?" She looked tired; her eyes seemed to reflect a part of her empty soul. She didn't looked like the first time Talea saw her, she didn't seemed as happy or content. She seemed worn out, empty even. As if her bones were aching, carrying the weight of everything he promised. As if his empty words were heavy.

Who is Alvah? And why is she important enough for Tom to pretend that he loves her, even if he wasn't capable of love? She thought about it over and over again, trying to distract herself from thinking about the incident. She was snapped out of her thoughts when the door opened. She raised her wand but relaxed when she saw Sirius enter.

He walked over to her; it broke his heart seeing her in such state. "Hello, love." He grabbed her hand and sat down next to her, pulling her into his chest. "You have to come out of this room" he kissed her forehead and watched her eyes flicker down to the ground.

"How could I go out of this room, looking into their eyes, knowing that I fucked up. It's probably my fault that they'll hate Peter know, did you saw his face when I told them?!" Tears started to form in her eyes, making her sight blurry " He was so heartbroken, I don't want them to be mad at him, he's good, I know it."

A sob escaped her lips when Sirius pulled her into his chest, brushing his hand through her hair and whispering calming things in her ear. Her hands clutched around his sweater and he placed another kiss on her forehead before pulling her chin up and wiping the tears away. "Shh, calm down. No one is mad at you or Peter. Marlene says that this outburst may have been a good thing because Peter will do his be his best to do the right thing."