fifty-three

~Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much~
----------

 Together we can do so much~----------

****

It was a strange sight, watching the group consisting of both Black brothers, the other Marauders and the girls rushing up the stairs to Dumbledore's office. Talea wrote him a short message, mentioning the Horcrux, as soon as she heard that he was back from wherever he had been. The older wizard just told her to bring everyone with her that knows of the dark object.

She knocked on the familiar door and pushed it open after she heard a short "Come in." She stepped into the room that was filled with shelves and junk and greeted the headmaster. He mentioned them to sit down on a couch or pulled out chairs, Talea has never seen the office filled with so many people. 

The only person that refused to sit down was Talea herself, she walked over to the grey-haired man and laid the diary in front of him. "This is it, there's nothing written in it" she said simply. The headmaster turned the pages and saw that she didn't lie, every single one was empty, the only thing that was written on it was on the backside of the journal. Tom Marvolo Riddle.

"How did you do it?" asked the professor calmly, still turning the book in his hands. Talea let out a sigh "We petrified the Selwyns, found the book in Lucius Malfoys room while Remus was being kidnapped by Abraxas Malfoy, it escalated but we managed to get away." 

She felt her anger rising as he just nodded his head "I assume that you already know that Mr. Malfoy was utterly confused by the situation and Voldemort probably knows that his Horcrux is gone?"

"Yes, but he would never suspect us." The headmaster nodded his head again and she felt her anger rise as the silence grew "And where did you go Professor? What was important enough to ignore several owls and the search for the one thing that could possibly weaken the darkest wizard of our time?" 

"I searched for other Horcruxes." She felt her heart drop and she asked quietly "What do you mean with other Horcruxes?"

Dumbledore finally decided to look up and said "I thought about the Horcrux and thought, why would Lord Voldemort give the thing he values the most into the hands of a student? It would make more sense if he would hide it somewhere safe, right?" 

Talea nodded her head slowly, he was right why would he do that? Dumbledore continued "I did my research on Voldemort's past and I've found something interesting. The young Tom Riddle started to wear a certain ring at some point of his life time. This ring was none other than the ring of Marvolo Gaunt. He was Tom Riddles uncle, his mother's brother. He was arrested for murdering the Riddle family, muggles-"

"Wait, Voldemort is a half-blood?" interrupted Remus.

"That's right Mr. Lupin, he is. They were murdered just a few days before Tom started to wear the ring. Marvolo was send to Azkaban, he admitted the murder but the only thing he asked for was his ring. An heirloom of Salazar Slytherin himself. He said he lost it but if he lost it, how would Tom Riddle be able to wear it a few days after? That means Tom must have paid him a visit and I was right; he was seen in the village at the same day as the Riddle family died. I assume that it was Tom, who killed his own family."