sixteen

~ Truth is never kind~
----------

~ Truth is never kind~----------

****

As soon as Sirius and I came back to the common room I was ingulfed by a hug from Lily.

"Talea! I was so worried about you, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine but can I talk to you later, in private?" I decided to tell Lily and Remus about what happened.

Remus was my cousin who was there for me since day one, he grew up with me and we kept no secrets from each other. I thought that it would be a good idea to tell one of the girls too, I needed someone who can cover me if I need to sneak out of my room at night or if I have some kind of vision again and Lily was probably the one who could do that that best because she is a prefect and one of my closest friends.

Lily furrowed her brows but nodded her head "Of course just tell me when you want to talk."

I told the others that I couldn't remembered what happened and even Dumbledore couldn't tell me what was wrong. I hated lying to my friends but I had to keep my promise.

Even though I was a little confused and disappointed that Dumbledore couldn't tell me everything, even though he looked like he knew a lot more than what he was telling me.

He just skipped over the scar issue and I was sure that it was not a coincidence that the scar and the visions occurred at the same time. I whispered to Remus that he should meet me in the common room at midnight and went upstairs into my dormitory to catch on with all the school work.

Lily and Remus were quite shocked by the news but willing to help me cover up. Lily and Remus went up to their dormitory and left me alone with my thoughts.

I was angry at Dumbledore for not telling me the truth. I wondered if maybe it wasn't yet the right time to know everything. But when was the perfect time? And why would he keep something from me, wouldn't it be better to know the whole truth?

****

The school year was coming to an end. All I did was learning and filling my head with stuff about how to brew the Draught of Living Death or where and when goblin rebellions took place. I was just telling James to shut up and concentrate on his book instead when Sirius stumbled through the door.

"Prongs! I was beginning to think I'd never see you again! I almost forgot what your messy hair looks like!"

"Sirius! And I thought I'd never hear your annoying voice again!"

The dramatic boys ran into each other's arms and started to wipe their fake tears away.

I laughed and said "You haven't seen each other for 16 minutes."

"Yeah, but I almost died Talea! You wouldn't understand!"

"Almost died?"

Sirius pointed at Remus and send him a glare.

"He made me look at a book for five minutes!"
James gasped and pointed at me "She made me do the same!"

Remus and I tried our hardest not to laugh as the two ran up to their dormitory while mumbling something about never leaving each other again.

****

We finally finished our last exam and walked out of the great hall as Sirius said "Did you like question ten Moony? I giggled, remembering what the question was.

"Loved it. Give five signs that identify the werewolf, excellent question, really."

"Do you thing you managed all the questions?" asked James.

"I think I did. One, he's sitting in my chair. Two, he's wearing my clothes. Three, his name is Remus Lupin" Remus said in a sincere tone.
We looked at each other and burst out laughing.

****

Today was finally the last day of school and I was quite relieved because I couldn't see any more books

Today was finally the last day of school and I was quite relieved because I couldn't see any more books. It was funny how fast time flies. I had my first year at Hogwarts behind me and I felt that this year was better than all my other years at Beaubaxton put together.

Marlene, Alice and I sat in an apartment with our two dormmates Mary and Dorcas. We actually were getting along fine, we were never really good friends and I spent more time with the others since they were a year above us. We played exploding snap cards and talked about our highlights of the school year. Later on, I decided to go into the boy's apartment, to spend some time with them, before our departure.

The train stopped and said goodbye to the girls. I walked down the Platform next to Remus, to search for our parents.

"Remus, Talea!"

I turned around to see my mother pulling my aunt behind her. "Come on Hope, walk a little faster, you're always so slow."

Remus and I chuckled and walked up to them to engulf them in a hug.

"Oh, you've grown so much Sweetheart!" gushed my mother.

"Oh, stop drooling Sophie, you're embarrassing your child!" My aunt exclaimed.

While I was watching them bicker, two hands grabbed me and turned me around. "You thought you could go without saying goodbye?"

I laughed and said "How could I?" as I engulfed the two read-heads in a hug.

My family and I walked down the platform, on our way back to our car.

My eyes searched for another couple on their way through the crowd. When we were almost outside, my eyes found what they were looking for, but the other pair, grey eyes, were already looking into mine and as he smiled at me.

End of fifth year