sixty-seven

~everything must come to an end~
----------

~everything must come to an end~----------

****

Once again, Dumbledore ordered the group of students into his office. It was a few hours before the graduation and no one was quite sure why. The Slytherin locket was destroyed a few days ago, some would say that it was cruel of Dumbledore to make Talea destroy it and while she winced in pain Sirius Black hold the hand of his girlfriend, staring at her with pain in his eyes, not wanting to see her in pain or be reminded of Regulus loss.

It was Lily who pushed the door open and entered the office first. Dumbledore sat at his desk like usual, already expecting the students. What surprised a few of them was the fact that Professor McGonagall and Professor Camplyn waited for them too.

Dumbledore raised from his chair "Please take a seat, this may take some time." Everyone settled and waited anxiously for his news. He smiled and them and said "You may ask yourself why I asked you to visit me." He placed his hands behind his back and started to walk up and down in front of his desk.

"We're in war. Voldemort has his followers and we need someone to defend our side. You are going to graduate soon and it's undeniable that you are a quite special group of students." He sends a glance at Talea and Eloise before he continued "Some of you have special powers but what I value the most is loyalty." He smiled at Peter and said "You have all shown yourselves to be loyal and combative. You are already familiar with many things, but I would like to ask you to fight actively after you graduate."

Alice raised her hand slowly and asked "But how Professor, we are only a group of students."

"The Order of Phoenix" answered Talea while looking up to meet Dumbledores eyes. "Is that what it's for? Fighting against Voldemort?"

Dumbledore nodded his head slowly and replied "The Order of Phoenix is a secret society formed by me to oppose Voldemort and his so-called Death Eaters. Many people joined, Aurors, other students, teachers or Ministry workers. Time is short, and unless the few of us who know the truth stand united, there is no hope for any of us."

"So, we would be fighting? Like against You-Know-Who?" asked Peter wide eyed and Dumbledore nodded his head.

"If you join, you have to keep this a secret and no one can know, not even your own family. We will be having meetings with other members of the Order; this job is dangerous for you and maybe even for people you keep around you. If you are joining, you have to except these risks. You have to be willing to die for it."

A heavy silence filled the room while everyone had to let the words sink in. Talea was the first to break the silence "I'll join."

James and Sirius looked at each other before saying "We'll join too." Remus and Peter's answer followed shortly after, just like Lily's, Marlene's and Alice's.