twenty-three

~ It always seems impossible until it
is done~
----------

~ It always seems impossible until it is done~----------

****

Peter and James were sleeping in the hospital beds, next to Remus while I sat in a chair next to Sirius bed.

After I dragged Sirius to the hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey tried her best to heal his wounds. His torso was wrapped in bandages and a fresh scar went along his arm. I didn't even think about sleeping, I was so upset by the events that I could hardly sit still. I knew that Remus would probably never allow us to come with him again, because he would feel guilty, even though we were aware of the danger from the beginning.

And then there was Lily. James had taken her back to the common room and tried to make her understand that no one could know of what happened . I think Lily needs a little time to process the whole 'furry little problem', but she wouldn't think of Remus as a monster, she was too kind-hearted for that.

Another thing that caught my attention was that seconds before Remus ran towards the castle, I knew that Lily was standing there. Had my lessons with Grace finally paid off? In the last few hours of sitting here in complete silence, surrounded by injured friends, I've realised the extent of what I could do if I mastered divination. I would be able to protect my friends from harm before it happens, and in this time of danger, that will probably be the best thing I can do to protect my friends from these attacks and assaults.

My thoughts were interrupted, as I heard Sirius groan in pain.

"Pads, you're awake! How are you? Should I go and get Madame Pomfrey?"

"Calm down love, it's hurting a little but there's no need to fuss over it."

We just looked at each other for a bit, before Sirius asked me "Where is Lily? What did she say about you know... Remus?"

"James took her to the common room, I guess she's still in shock and needs to process this whole thing but I think she will be understanding... I mean it's Lily after all, right?"

Madame Pomfrey must have heard that someone was up and rushed into the room.
"Ah Mr. Black, I need to change your bandages!"

"May I help you Madame Pomfrey?"

"Why yes, of course."

It took a few minutes for Sirius to finish, as she showed me how best to deal with wounds, as I told her about my future dream job. After Madame Pomfrey went out of the room to prepare some potions for Remus, exhaustion set in and I yawned.

"Tired?"

"I lay down next to him, careful to not touch any of his wounds as I mumbled a reply "Yeah, I couldn't sleep after what happened, I had to many things rushing through my head."

"You should sleep now, I'll let you know when Remus wakes up, alright?"

I hummed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.