Tala's Start

I have been practicing my dancing because I'm not the best. I practiced in my backyard. My mom thinks I'm selfish but I want to be an idol to save my parents since we are poor. I have been secretly working to make money even though it's difficult for an elementary school kid going into middle school. I dance and rap for money. I was rapping while someone was watching me. I finished and washed my face. Someone came up to me.

"Your rapping is good." I turned quick. I seen a guy with glasses in a suit.

"Oh um thank you." I said back in English.

"You're pretty good in Korean. Why Korean?" He asked.

"I um want to become a Kpop Idol so I am trying to work to go to Korea." I said.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I just turned 13." I said.

"Really?!" He said shocked. I nodded.

"Yes sir." I said.

"Well how would you like your dreams to come true? I am a CEO of Bighit Entertainment looking for idols." He said. My eyes widened.

° = thoughts

°Is he serious?! Wait Tala, don't get to ahead of yourself. You don't know this dude.°

"How do you know I can trust you?" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. He chuckled.

"Here is my card. Talk to your parents and give me a call. I'll be here for a few days before I go back to Korea." He said and handed me a card.

"나에게 한국어로 말할 수 있다는 것을 알고 있습니까?(Do you know you can speak Korean to me?)" I said looking at him. His eyes widened.

"음 좋아요넌 정말 착해. (Um okay. You're really good.)" He said.

"감사합니다. (Thank you.)" I said. We said goodbye and I ran home.

"Nanay. Mayroon akong mabuting balita. Nag-rapping ako at sumayaw nang inalok ako ng isang CEO ng at Libangan na maging isang trainee.(Mom. I have good news. I was rapping and dancing when a CEO of and Entertainment offered me to be a trainee.)" I said excited, giving her the card. He scoffed.

"Seryoso Tala. Mahirap ka at hindi mo ito ilalabas sa mundong iyon. Ikaw ay magiging isang nars at iyon ang pangwakas. Huwag maging isang pagkabigo.(Seriously Tala. You're poor and aren't going to make it out in that world. You are going to be a nurse and that's final. Don't be a disappointment.)" She said irritated. I teared up and ran to my bed crying.

"Why? I just want to follow my dreams. I don't want to be a nurse." I cried.

"Prinsesa.(Princess.)" My dad said. I looked and wiped my tears.

"Bakit Dad? Nais mo akong sundin ang aking mga pangarap ngunit nakikinig ka kay nanay. Gusto ko lang mabuhay ang aking buhay na masaya bilang isang idolo hindi isang nars. Mangyaring tatay.(Why Dad? You want me to follow my dreams but you listen to mom. I just want to live my life happy as an idol not a nurse. Please dad.)" I begged. He looked me deep in my eyes and sighed.

"Sige. May problema ito ngunit tawagan natin ang lalaki at makipagkita sa kanya. Sasabihin ko sa iyong ina na maglakad kami at maaari naming i-pack ang iyong mga gamit at sasabunutan kita sa kalagitnaan ng gabi. Nakuha ko.(Okay. This may cause problem but let's call the guy and meet up with him. I'll tell your mom we are going for a walk and we can pack your stuff up and I'll sneak you out in the middle of the night. Got it.)" He explained. My eyes widened and I nodded. I gave him the card and he called. After a while, he got off the call.

"Get dressed and let's go." He said. I nodded. He left and I picked out my clothes. I got dressed and put my flip flops on. I went with dad and we went to our park. I seen the guy.

"Hello sir. My wife doesn't know I'm here but we will except your offer. I'll give you my name and I'll be her emergency contact." My dad said.

"Her mom doesn't support?" He asked. My dad shook his head. The guy nodded.

"I'm Bang Sihyuk, the CEO of BigHit Entertainment. It's nice to meet you." He bowed. Me and my dad bowed.

"When do you leave?" My dad asked.

"In 3 days." He said.

"Can we meet here again?" My dad asked.

"Yes of course." Mr. Bang said.

"Okay see you in 3 days." My dad said. We bowed and left.

|3 days later|

I was packed up and we headed to the park. Mr. Bang was there. My dad hugged me.

"Mawawala ako sa iyo prinsesa ngunit magiging masaya ka. Kinamumuhian kong makita kang umiyak tuwing gabi. Alam kong magalit si nanay ngunit hindi ko nais na malungkot ka. Alam kong ginagawa mo ang lahat para sa amin. Masaya ka. Makipag-ugnay sa amin. Mahal na mahal kita prinsesa.(I'm going to miss you princess but you'll be happy. I hated seeing you cry every night. I know mom will be highly mad but I don't want you miserable. I know you are doing everything for us. Be happy. Keep in contact with us. I love you princess so much.)" My dad cried. I hugged him tight.

"Mahal din kita tatay at sisiguraduhin kong makipag-ugnay sa iyo. Gagawin kitang proud.(I love you too dad and I'll make sure to keep in contact with you. I'll make you proud.)" I said. We broke the hug and he wiped my tears.

"Ipinagmamalaki ko na at paalam pri.(I'm already proud and goodbye princess.)" He said.

"Goodbye Dad." I said. We hugged one last time before me and Mr. Bang left. This is the start for my dream.

|In Korea|

We were in front of Bighit. My eyes sparkled.

"일부 회원을 소개하겠습니다. 그들은 랩퍼입니다. 우리는 4 명의 보컬리스트를 찾을 것입니다. 랩퍼는 당신보다 나이가 많으며 보컬리스트는 아마도 너무 oppa라고 부릅니다.(I'll be introducing you to some members. They are rappers. We will be looking for 4 vocalists. The rappers are older than you and the vocalist probably will be too so call them oppa.)" He said.

"알겠습니다.(Okay.)" I said. We went inside. We went into the studio. I seen 3 boys. They turned. We bowed.

"안녕 얘들아탈라 랜산간입니다그녀는 그룹의 일원이 될거야그녀는 정말 랩을 잘하니까 잘 돌봐.(Hello boys. This is Tala Lansangan. She is gonna be part of the group. She is really good a rapping so take care of her.)" Mr. Bang said. He left. I bowed.

"안녕하세요.(Hello.)" I said. They said hello back.

"안녕하세요.저는 김남준이지만 랩 몬스터나 RM이라고 불러주세요난 18살이고 리더야.(Hello. I'm Kim Namjoon but you can call me Rap Monster or RM. I'm 18 and the leader.)" A tall tanned guy said.

"안녕하세요.저는 민유지나 스가입니다저는 리드 랩퍼입니다.(Hello. I'm Min Yoongi or Suga. I am the Lead Rapper.)" A small pale guy said.

"안녕하세요.정호석이나 JHope입니다저는 주춤, 서브 래퍼, 서브보컬리스트입니다.
(Hello. I am Jung Hoseok or JHope. I am the main dancer, sub rapper, and sub vocalist.)" A happy guy said.

"저는 탈라 랜산간이고 13살입니다. 저는 필리핀에서 왔습니다.나는 랩을 할 수 있고 춤을 잘 춘다.(I am Tala Lansangan and I'm 13. I am from the Philippines. I can rap and I'm decent at dancing.)" I said.

"정말?(Really?!)" They yelled. I jumped. I nodded.

"Well we are the rap line of BTS." Namjoon said.