SBS News

"Hello, We are BTS

"Hello, We are BTS." We said and bowed.

"Welcome, I enjoyed listening to your latest track Fake Love. The album marked #1 on Billboard's album chart. Who can share thoughts on this?" The host asked.

"When we first heard the news that we became #1, we honestly couldn't believe it. Many people around us congratulated us and said so many good words to us, we are slowly but surely feeling that it's real. To live up to the title, we will work even harder to grow." Kook said.

"I heard that you didn't attend 2018 BBMAs after party, and spent your own time after the awards ceremony. What was that?"

"Actually, every time we release a new album or every time we recieve good results from various awards, we want to share the happiness first with our fans. That's why we decided to have her own 'after party' by hosting a livestream for a fans." Hobi said.

"During the awards ceremony, world famous artists came up to you to take pictures with you. How did that feel?"

"We have been to the Billboard Music Awards for 2 years, so we built up some acquaintances with some artists. When the artists we only saw on TV shows or the internet approached us for photos or suggested collaborations, it felt so real and very honored." Jin said.

"When you perform, many people sing along to your songs regardless of their race or age. How do you feel then?"

"Seeing our fans singing along to our songs is one of the moments when I feel the happiest. When we see our fans sing along to our songs, we always think and feel that we must do our best during our performance." Jimin said.

"We used to learn the way to sing foreign songs by writing the lyrics in Korean. But now, Korean songs are romanized. For instance, the Korean word for 'dream' is written as 'kkum' in English. BTS seems to play a big role in letting the world know about Hangul, the Korean alphabet. How do you feel about that?"

"When we watch those videos, they are made by ARMY. Due to videos like that, ARMY around the world can communicate with each other even though they don't speak the same language nor live the same country. I also believe that those videos make our fans to like us more." Tae said.

"I agree even someone like me who didn't know korean or had no way to become fluent unless it was music. I came from a small area where we had nothing and I only knew my language and english. It took me a while and to see others who are interested in learning a new language makes us happy. Even though I'm not Korean, it still makes me happy to find out I have fans who want to learn Korean and my native language, Tagalog." I said.

"There are a lot of BTS songs that deal with different social issues. It is widely known that SUGA is highly interested in this area."

"I am very interested. After we started doing music, we wanted to deliver a message to our listeners. We wanted to talk about our society and the views that people have. We thought that was our role, and we get great energy by seeing many people getting energy from listening to our songs. We really feel content being singers, and we honestly feel happy, honored, and blessed." Yoongi said.

"There is a topic that we would like to share, with everyone through our music and performances. That is why we are doing a series titled, Love Yourself. It is to question yourself what loving yourself really is, and what love really means. It would be nice if you could remember that we make music and perform thinking this way." Joon said.

"The part that you go Fake Love is jimin's part, right? That part seems quite high, and it is also when the dance moves are pretty vigorous as well. It must be uneasy."

"The choreography was different to the style that we have done in the past, so it was certainly harder to learn. So, I still feel like it is different for me to perform sometimes. It can be hard to seeing live when my throat isn't feeling good." Jimin said.

"Jin's part also doesn't sound easy."

"Oh, yes. I actually have the same part as Jimin, we spoke to our producer about the key being too high for us. But our main producer told us that you sound the most beautiful when you sing the song with difficulty. Our songs are getting higher because of that reason." Jin said.

"I heard you guys go on a trip once a year. Is it fun to stay and do things together?"

"We go on a trip to build teamwork. But it's not like we do special things. We just go to a different place, get food, and play board games." Kook said.

"The trips we take are a nice break from the work we do so we try to make the best memories out of what we have. We treat each other like family so it's bonding time between siblings." I said.

"You also talked about the job you might have had if you were not a member of BTS. What are those?"

"When I was in eighth grade, I debated whether I should be a police officer or performer." Jimin said.

"I just wanted to be like my father. But I played the saxophone when I wanted to become a singer. To clarify, I have played it for three years and taking a long break for 8 years. I could have became a saxophonist." Tae said.

"What about you, Jhope?"

"Me? I loved tennis when I was in elementary school, so I might have been a tennis player." Hobi said.

"I think with me, I would have stayed on the idol path whether I was solo or a group." I said.

"For me, I wanted to be music producer, and I was actually recruited by my agency as a producer. Besides that perhaps announcer of the show?" Yoongi said.

"Really?"

" I might have sat there and see the members of BTS from there?" Yoongi said. We laughed.

"Oh no, that means I'm kicked out! That sounds so threatening. Do you want to say anything to your fans, ARMY?"

"There are just so many things, so many good things that we have seen from the existence of our fans. That's why we are here today." Kook said.

"BTS exist because of ARMY. If ARMY were not here, we don't exist." Tae said.

"We will value our precious things. Please believe in US." Namjoon said.

"If possible, I would like to be with you always increase precious, beautiful memories together." Jimin said.

"Thank you for supporting us and giving us a chance to prove ourselves. Thank you for giving me a chance to prove I'm worthy. I love you." I said.

"I hope to give our fans good feelings, and our fans give us good feelings until BTS exist." Yoongi said.

"I just wanted to thank you for always being with us. I love you." Jin said and blew a kiss.

"I want to be like the morning glories 🎵like the beautiful moments🎵 I want to be with you. Thank you." Hobi said.