Funeral

I stood in front of the place watching everyone come in, seeing the idols who knew my dad

I stood in front of the place watching everyone come in, seeing the idols who knew my dad. Our family. I seen mom. She was crying. I started tearing up. She hugged me and I cried. I thought everyone was fully here until I saw Blackpink. My eyes widened. Rose looked at me. She walked up to me.

"I know I'm not the person you want to see but I'm so sorry for your loss. Your dad didn't deserve this." She said. I gave her a sad smile.

"It's okay. I'm glad your guys are here." We all sad down and I was up front with my family members.

"For the final speech, Tala." I looked down and walked up. I got to the podium and seen dads closed casket. I bit my lip as my tears flowed. I took a deep breath.

"My dad was a sweetheart. Always wanting the best for everyone. Whether it got him in trouble or not." I chuckled.

"He treated everyone equally. He treated my idol friends has his own kids. He always was happy and supportive. It's crazy how even though he would be upset going through pain, he put everyone else first. He was strong even in the end. He." I choked.

"He was my number 1 supporter. He seen me grow up poor to a famous kpop idol. He just wanted the best for me. I just wished I got to spend more time with him especially during Covid. At least I got to say goodbye one last time. Got to hold him." I looked at the casket.

"One last time. My baby brother will definitely know how dad was. I love you dad and you will never be forgotten. You are an angel and nothing with take away a beautiful soul like yours. This was my dads favorite song by BTS. His favorite was a butterfly and that's the reason why he was obsessed with the song. Streamed it as much as he can." I laughed lighty and everyone laughed while crying. The piano played.

I looked the boys and they were crying. I looked down and let my tears shed. I finished the song. I sang the song dad sang for my 18th birthday.

I was bawling but still managed to sing perfect. I finished. I looked at the casket. I blinked the tears away has everyone clapped. I put the mic away. I walked and sat next to my baby brother and sister.  They played a memorial video while everyone went up to place flowers or say something. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I looked over to see Jimin. I looked forward. I got up. I took a deep breath. I took a flower. I walked up to the casket. I placed the flower on it and leaned my head down.

"Thank you dad for everything. I'll make sure that drunk driver rots in jail for taking you away. Mahal Kita. Borahae." I choked. I backed away and fell on my knees sobbing. Someone hugged me close. I looked to see BamBam.

"I know what it's like to lose a father. It's hard. Take the time you need. Everyone understands. You're loved and cared for. Your dad doesn't have to worry." He said.

"Thank you oppa." I sobbed out. It was just my sobs echoing through the church. I screamed in his chest. It was a while before I realized most of the people left. I stayed in front of the casket, zoned out.

"Tala-ssi." I heard. I turned to see all my idol friends doing the formal Korean bow on the floor. I shed a tear. I stood up. They got up. I bowed 90 degrees.

"Thank you!"

The funeral was done and I walked out to see reporters and I covered my face while continuing to walk to the car.