Chapter 58

Jason's pov

I had been recovering and my back was still killing me. Memphis is okay other than a few scrapes and some residual trauma from it all. I still want to know why this guy did this! Britt comes in with a cold washcloth. "How're ya feeling Jay?" She asks. I had to lay on my side since my back got the worst damage. It's uncomfortable. "I'm surviving." I say. She puts the cold washcloth on my back and I bite back a scream and some curse words. "Sylvia came over. She has a theory as to why Dakota did it but of course nobody knows for sure." I glance at her worried. Nobody but Memphis and he's adamant not to talk about it. "She thinks he was delusional enough to think Memphis was Chris and wanted him back." "I hope Mems is gonna be okay. He's still freaked out, isn't he?" She nods, looking worried. "He doesn't want to get in a vehicle but he's also scared to walk down the street." Poor kiddo. Just then Chris pokes his head in. "Hey mom, dad I uh can I go out with a friend?" "Sure just be back by 11." Britt says. "How're ya doing, dad?" "Hurts like a bitch but I'll live." I say. She forces a nervous smile. 

Brittany's pov

I hug Chris goodbye and he goes with some girl. Ooh I wonder if he's got a girlfriend. I wonder how Jay will react. Memphis and Jeremy were playing jenga. "Hey can I join?" My poor son has such nervous fear in his eyes. 

*later that night*

Jason's pov

I had finally worked up the nerve to get out of bed. It hurts to move but my stupid stir crazy shit is getting to me. I hate just laying around. I was relaxing on the couch with the TV on. Mems and Jeremy went to bed and Brittany was making pina coladas in the kitchen. Suddenly the door sun open and Chris stood there freaked out. "Whoa what's up with you? It looks like you've seen a ghost." He shakily nods, confusing the heck out of me. "Um Chris you okay?" I ask. "I... This is so weird." He says sitting beside me. "So I went on a date with this girl tonight. We were just going to dinner then we went for a walk in the park. Oh God you're gonna think I'm nuts!" "No I won't, son tell me what happened." "I.... I we.... Went to the park..... We were on the bridge overlooking the lake when she said, 'This is where I was killed.' I kinda freaked out of course and she looked scared and then she just vanished dad! She disappeared right before my eyes! I swear I'm not making this up!" Whoa. "I... Uh.... Chris I think your date might be a ghost." "Are you joking? Or you're being serious!" "I'm being serious. I've always believed in ghosts. And I believe you went on a date with one." I say, trying to relax on the couch but it hurts so bad to lean back. "I can't believe I met a real live ghost." "I hope you aren't falling for her because I'm sure you know you can't date someone who's dead." He laughs and shakes his head. "I mean I liked the date but there's no real connection." I nod, worried. "I wonder what's gonna happen." He looked a little nervous. "I hope she isn't going to haunt me!" I force myself not to laugh. "We can take anything life throws at us." I say. He looks worried but reluctantly goes to bed. "Welp things just got a little more interesting." I say tiredly heading to bed myself.